of 2

2011-06-14 11:13 AM
in reply to: #3548316

User image

Champion
Montague Gold Mines, Nova Scotia
Subject: RE: Sprint tri and strength sports
uhcoog - 2011-06-14 12:34 PM

I just don't know that I'd classify the shorter of the sprint tris as an endurance event.

I guess it would depend on one's definition of endurance event, however, since a sprint triathlon is a primarily aerobic event (by a large margin) I would consider it an endurance event.

I don't know that I'd train someone who wasn't "all in" to tris on an endurance athlete protocol.  I'd probably mix it up like this person did in more of a fitness oriented manner. 

I agree that it depends on how one wants to train and if endurance sport is their primary goal or simply part of an overall fitness plan. If someone wants to be "all around" fit, then a triathlon plan is a poor choice.

Shane

2011-06-14 12:12 PM
in reply to: #3546222

Webster Groves, MO
Subject: RE: Sprint tri and strength sports

MikeTheBear - 2011-06-13 11:18 AM
uhcoog - 2011-06-02 11:06 AM Can always tell a power lifter.  They quote www.elitefts.com.  Not that that's a bad thing bro.  Just is what it is.  Used to love me some Wendler.
LOL. Yeah, those guys know about powerlifting. The problems start when they try and write about other stuff. There was an article there about Olympic lifting and how Olympic lifters should adopt a conjugate approach. The ignorance displayed in that article was simply appalling.

If you get a chance check out Glenn Pendlay's response to the initial OLY article.  Probably should have been made into an article itself.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Sprint tri and strength sports Rss Feed  

of 2