General Discussion Race Reports! » JPMorgan Chase Corporate Challenge Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

JPMorgan Chase Corporate Challenge - Run

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Chicago, Illinois
United States
JPMorgan Chase & Co. Corporate Challenge
48F / 9C
Overcast
Total Time = 26m 55s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Walk the 1.5 miles from work to the race with a co-worker. Potty break as usual.
Event warmup:

Nothing but stand around. It was friggin cold. Waited in the corrals for a 30 minutes as they staggered the starts for the more serious runners.
Run
  • 26m 55s
  • 3.5 miles
  • 07m 41s  min/mile
Comments:

The official time said 29:03 which is cool but I by my watch I was 26:55 so I am going to stick with that. They had staggered starts and I was right at the starting line before they called our wave. Maybe that's why my time was longer. Anyway, there were 30,000 friggin people there. Not as many walkers at the front but there was a lot of congestion at the front. I got off to a nice start probably faster than I thought but I knew there would be places where things got all bunched up and it would slow down but I never got near 9 min/mile. I felt really comfortable but COLD. I think that is what made me go faster. I was cold especially my hands. I wasn't thirtsty at but I grabbed a drink at mile 2.5 just to quench my lips.
What would you do differently?:

Go faster???? I don't know.
Post race
Warm down:

Walked the 2 miles to my company's tent! Got something to eat. Minor stretch. Took late train home.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

My 25 extra pounds?

Event comments:

I am sticking with the 26:55 because that is what my watch said when I crossed the finish line. Even a 29:03 is good for me but I think it is because I was close to the starting mat (our chips were in our bib numbers not on our ankles). That is my story and I am sticking with it!!! I am a little proud of myself because I had stomach issues all day and had to pee when the race started. The negative self talk in me says I could do better but this is the best I have ever done so Yeah for me.

Last updated: 2011-03-24 12:00 AM
Running
00:26:55 | 03.5 miles | 07m 41s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Course: Downtown Chicago
Keeping cool Below average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4