BolderBOULDER
55F / 13C
Overcast
Total Time = 1h 03m 47s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Woke up with the family, ate an english muffin with cashew butter and a banana, and of course, coffee. We walked about 20 minutes to the starting line, and found our wave (GE). I did the race with my husband, 17 and 15 year old sons, my father-in-law, his 16 year old daughter, his girlfriend, and her three kids. My brother in law was also running, but ran a qualifying wave earlier. I ran to the portapotties with a couple of the kids, and we made it to the start just in time.
Event warmup:

Walking..
Run
  • 1h 03m 47s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 10m 16s  min/mile
Comments:

It was a fun time! I started out with Vickie for the first 4 miles- I could definately feel the lack of oxygen. Then my 15 year old found me, and I walked with him for a few minutes (he had a stitch) and then we started running. At the last mile he took off ahead. My hip was feeling pretty tight by then so I didn't push it.
What would you do differently?:

Umm, train?
Post race
Warm down:

Walking through the melee, finding the family. Curtis came in at 1:03 (amazing since he has never done a training run, let alone a race!), and Zach at 1:11 or so (similar story). My husband paced well and finished in 1:17. Then we all ran back to my father in laws and showered, and headed to the airport for the flights home.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

training

Event comments:

Lots of fun and really well run, especially considering what a beast it must be to organize.

Last updated: 2011-05-21 12:00 AM
Running
01:03:47 | 06.21 miles | 10m 16s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Below average
Course: Up and down, around Boulder with me and 50,000 of my closest friends. Lots of entertainment along the way! There are a couple hills though, especially the last one that led up to the finish line.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes