General Discussion Race Reports! » Coeur d'Alene Marathon at Riverstone Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Coeur d'Alene Marathon at Riverstone - RunMarathon

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
United States
Coeur d'Alene Marathon
60F / 16C
Sunny
Total Time = 5h 44m 36s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Got up at 5am and ate rice cakes with PB and honey. Drank a bottle of electrolyte water, and had a few sips of coffee. Got my gear together and headed to the race start.
Event warmup:

No real warm up other than visiting the port-o-lets a few times. I think I need to start doing a short warm up for marathons as I struggle with a lot of soleus/calf tightness early in the run.
Run
  • 5h 44m 36s
  • 26.2 miles
  • 13m 09s  min/mile
Comments:

I'm collecting states for the 50 states club and love running these things for the fun of it. So, my only goal was finishing before the 6 hour cut off, and getting in a long training run for the 51k I am doing in August. The first 8 miles were pretty rough as my soleus/calves, which usually loosen up at about mile 4 were super tight until right before the 8th mile. I had to stop a few times and try to get them to loosen up when the pain would get unbearable. I really wish I could find a solution to this issue. It's weird because after they finally loosen up they never cause me anymore issues during the run. The rest of the run went pretty smoothly. I saw a lot of other Maniacs out there, which was lots of fun, and I passed a handful of people towards the end. I did a lot of power walking in the last 3 or 4 miles as my walk was faster than my shuffle. :)
What would you do differently?:

Get rid of the extra 25 lbs I'm carrying around, and buy some new calves.
Post race
Warm down:

Walked over to Starbucks and bought an iced mocha

What limited your ability to perform faster:

See "what would I do differently" :)

Event comments:

Overall it was a great scenic course, and the race was well organized. They also gave out race hats at the finish line, which was a nice surprise. Idaho is done, but I would do this race again anyway.

Last updated: 2011-01-20 12:00 AM
Running
05:44:36 | 26.2 miles | 13m 09s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Course: Rolling, scenic, paved course through the city of Coeur d'alene and along the lake with a few long climbs.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2011-06-03 1:08 AM

User image

Master
Silverton, Oregon
Subject: Coeur d'Alene Marathon at Riverstone

2011-06-03 7:54 AM
in reply to: #3530216

User image

Champion
Charlottesville, Virginia
Subject: RE: Coeur d'Alene Marathon at Riverstone
Great job as always Roni!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Coeur d'Alene Marathon at Riverstone Rss Feed