General Discussion Triathlon Talk » KIC IT Tri Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-06-09 7:57 AM

Subject: KIC IT Tri

so I am aware of the huge tide issue last year.  apprently that wont be a problem this year. 

how is the bike route though?  From what I've heard, first half is pretty much gradual incline followed by 2nd half being all down hill?

any feedback appreciated. 

anyone think attendance will be hurt from last years problems?

2011-06-09 8:28 AM
in reply to: #3540359

User image

Pro
Norwalk, Connecticut
Subject: RE: KIC IT Tri
iOrlando - 2011-06-09 8:57 AM

so I am aware of the huge tide issue last year.  apprently that wont be a problem this year. 

how is the bike route though?  From what I've heard, first half is pretty much gradual incline followed by 2nd half being all down hill?

any feedback appreciated. 

anyone think attendance will be hurt from last years problems?

yup, tide chart looks good, everyone should be fine.

not sure about bike course, i have never done it, there are lots of good race reports here though that go into great detail about it, but your description sounds like what everyone described in their reports, i heard it was a fast course.

I doubt it will hurt attendance, i have heard it is a good race other than the tide issue last year, and it is easily travelable for people in the tri state area, not a lot of Olympics in the area.

Good luck in your race, sorry i cannot be of better assistance.

2011-06-20 6:32 PM
in reply to: #3540359

New user

Subject: RE: KIC IT Tri

The bike is fairly easy for first 10, then when you get to westover it goes up, you then go Riverbank again up, finally you hit Erskine. to me it was really hard the first time pretty much straight up but not that long but straight up. My husband seems to make it up know problem but I think it is a killer! but if i can do it anyone can. after that down hill and fast!

good luck 

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » KIC IT Tri Rss Feed