General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Jackie Kallal Triathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-06-09 3:30 PM

Subject: Jackie Kallal Triathlon : Official Thread
Does anyone have a map/route of the bike course.  I can't seem to find one on their website.  This is my first time doing this tri and would like some information on the Bike course.  I have been getting mixed review on the difficulty of his course.

2011-06-09 9:16 PM
in reply to: #3541461

User image

Veteran
Greensburg, PA
Subject: RE: Jackie Kallal Triathlon : Official Thread

Hi,

I have done this race the past couple of years.  On Active it indicates that the bike course is slightly changed for this year.  I just sent an email to the race director asking about the change.  I will let you when I hear back!  If I don't hear back, I can tell you what it was like before.  Active says that it is only a slight change.  Check back tomorrow, I will post again!

Karen

2011-06-10 8:41 AM

User image

Veteran
Greensburg, PA

I heard back from the race director and the route is the same as last year.  Here is the route.  Basically, it is an out and back, with a little extra added loop on the way back.

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/7408579

There is a rather big hill on the way out (yes, I have seen people walking), but it is not really that bad.  It is not super steep, just kinda long.  Just be prepared for it and be consistent and you will be fine!  And, the way back is really fun!

Hope that helps.  If you have any other questions let me know.  Have a great race!

Karen

2011-06-11 6:51 PM

Thank you for this information!!!   It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought.  I hope you had a great race!

What a great venue and a great support!!! 

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Jackie Kallal Triathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed