Denison Chamber of Commerce
85F / 29C
Sunny
Total Time = 25m 51s
Overall Rank = 36/171
Age Group = 40-49
Age Group Rank = 6/14
Pre-race routine:

This race was almost in my front yard so I didn't have to get up at 5am. I made a breakfast-a little closer to the start time than I normally do and I had coffee closer to the start also. I think this affected me-never felt quite right
Event warmup:

I jogged to the event site from my house-a little under a mile, did some stretching light jogging and short sprints
Run
  • 25m 51s
  • 3.3 miles
  • 07m 50s  min/mile
Comments:

I walked twice. Blew up trying to pace the runner I mentioned and I think my stomach and lower back were conspiring against me
What would you do differently?:

Eat less or earlier in the morning and skip the coffee till after
Post race
Warm down:

water, pacing sitting in the shade and chatting. It was a very hot race

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Stomach issues, back pain. Maybe the 5 mile run yesterday morning, or the 25 mile week. I didn't taper or specifically target this race and am in a building phase for Branson 70.3 so my run mileage and bike mileage are coming up.

Event comments:

This is a small race in my small town. I enjoyed it other than my performance issues. No chip timing and the results have not been posted yet. I will edit this to include those when they appear as well as any thoughts the numbers provoke.

Last updated: 2011-06-01 12:00 AM
Running
00:25:51 | 03.3 miles | 07m 50s  min/mile
Age Group: 6/14
Overall: 171/171
Performance: Below average
I started out with an older runner I recognised from events in the area, h consistently wins his age group and beats me. He said he was planning to run in the low 7's. SO I tried to pace off him from the start-he dropped me at mile one but I kept him in sight for most of the run. He beat me by about 2 minutes. The course was long also-3.3 miles. That extra .2 could be worth two minutes to some.
Course: A small town loop through main street to the Eisenhower birthplace and back, Older concrete and asphalt streets, some disrepair-nothing bad
Keeping cool Below average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Below average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 2
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes