Georgia Multisports Productions
90F / 32C
Sunny
Total Time = 2h 01m 26s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = Clyde
Age Group Rank = 11/11
Pre-race routine:

Drove from the Columbus area and arrived with plenty of time.
Event warmup:

Went for a short swim just to test the water temp and check some sighting for the exit to T1.
Swim
  • 15m 8s
  • 549 meters
  • 02m 44s / 100 meters
Comments:

Not very many people in the wave so it wasn't very difficult to get through the crowd. I did have to alter my breathing for the first 200 meters. The sun was so bright I switched to left side breathing. On the way back I was able to go back to breathing every 3 strokes.
What would you do differently?:

Straighter path to the buoy and maybe a little faster.
Transition 1
  • 01m 46s
Comments:

I didn't realize my transitions were this fast. I scraped my toe in the water before the swim start and it was bleeding just a little. I didn't think riding and running without socks would be a good idea so I took the time to put socks on. I do not regret that decision.

Nothing
Bike
  • 1h 00m 38s
  • 15 miles
  • 14.84 mile/hr
Comments:

Disappointing finish but I'm not sure how I could have done better in this early race.

I must improve my climbing skills to get my avg speed higher.
Transition 2
  • 02m 1s
Comments:

I really felt like this took about 5 minutes. I could not rack my bike until I moved the bike next to me over some. As soon as I pushed it in that direction, it fell off and knocked over the bike next to it. I felt obligated to reracking both of the other bikes and finally got to mine. I still haven't converted back to Yankz so I had to tie my shoes too.

Park next to a better racer!
Run
  • 41m 55s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 13m 29s  min/mile
Comments:

I was hoping to have a much better run than past years at this race and ultimately thought I would have my best 5K in a triathlon. My first half mile was really good and that would have accomplished all of my goals. I made the turn to start running uphill toward the water station at mile 1 and had to do my first walking session. That was the first of many until the turnaround. Once I made the turn, I was thinking I would have much more downhill running. It wasn't has steep an incline and even had some more uphills to deal with. I was able to run the last half mile without stopping and got in just ahead of 42 minutes. Not fast for many people but about a minute faster than my best run here.

In hindsight I must have been expecting a little too much and might have gone out a little too hard. I'm going to try doing a little less walking in my workouts so I can learn to slow down to a jog and still get my HR back in the performance zone.
Post race
Warm down:

I enjoyed some water and a little fruit. I then went and took off my shoes and got under the shower for some really comforting cool water. Talked with a few friends and got ready to head back to the ATL for my concert.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

An inability to control my HR and recover without walking. It was not that hot so I'm not sure what was the source of the problem but it is something that I need to address.

Event comments:

GA Multisports are a great organization and I enjoy doing their races and volunteering for their events.

Last updated: 2011-04-10 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:15:08 | 549 meters | 02m 44s / 100meters
Age Group: 7/11
Overall: 0/
Performance: Average
Suit: None
Course: Out, Turn and Back.
Start type: Run Plus: Waves
Water temp: 86F / 30C Current: Low
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Good
Breathing: Good Drafting:
Waves: Below average Navigation: Below average
Rounding: Good
T1
Time: 01:46
Performance: Good
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: No
Getting up to speed:
Biking
01:00:38 | 15 miles | 14.84 mile/hr
Age Group: 11/11
Performance: Good
Avg HR 151 Max HR 160. I felt really good on the ride and thought I was looking at a speed above 16 mph and hopefully a time of 56:00. Somehow the last few hills really brought my speed and time down.
Wind: None
Course: This was the perfect course for me. About 5 hills that slowed me down but none of them as hard as the hard hills on the Roswell Ride. Spent some time in the drops for a change and was not that uncomfortable. I think I am ready to tri some aerobars on my bike.
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence: 85
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills: Average
Race pace: Hard Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 02:01
Overall: Below average
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Bad
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:41:55 | 03.11 miles | 13m 29s  min/mile
Age Group: 11/11
Performance: Below average
Avg HR 158 Max HR 171 Mile 1 12:56 Mile 2 14:31 Mile 3 14:27
Course: Well shaded run course with lots of water and cold towels. One long grinding hill in mile two that brought the thoughts of a PR back to reality.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes