General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Boulder Peak Triathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 3

2011-07-11 2:49 PM
in reply to: #3546152

User image

Veteran
Denver area
Subject: RE: Boulder Peak Triathlon : Official Thread

The sun was pretty awful - I decided to just swim with my pack and hope for the best.  Fortunately the person leading the pack kept up the pace and did good with the navigation.

The hill was awful.  I left my cycling legs at home.  Ugh.  The run wasn't bad.  Would have been better if my stomach wasn't still jacked up from my Ironman in May.  Still not sure what to do about that.... it really isn't fun racing and internally debating "would I feel better if I just puked?!?"  I still ran the whole thing, but I would have been able to run SO MUCH FASTER if my stomach was cooperating.

The best part: I got to talk to Matt Reed on my way to pick up my bike.  He was sooooo nice and even stood for a picture.  VERY COOL.

2011-07-11 3:02 PM
in reply to: #3591053

User image

Expert
Highlands Ranch, CO
Subject: RE: Boulder Peak Triathlon : Official Thread
mountain_erin - 2011-07-11 1:49 PM

The sun was pretty awful - I decided to just swim with my pack and hope for the best.  Fortunately the person leading the pack kept up the pace and did good with the navigation.

The hill was awful.  I left my cycling legs at home.  Ugh.  The run wasn't bad.  Would have been better if my stomach wasn't still jacked up from my Ironman in May.  Still not sure what to do about that.... it really isn't fun racing and internally debating "would I feel better if I just puked?!?"  I still ran the whole thing, but I would have been able to run SO MUCH FASTER if my stomach was cooperating.

The best part: I got to talk to Matt Reed on my way to pick up my bike.  He was sooooo nice and even stood for a picture.  VERY COOL.

I have the same problems when I run. I feel for you!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Boulder Peak Triathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed  

of 3