Corrigan Sports
70F / 21C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 23m 34s
Overall Rank = 586/4184
Age Group = M30-34
Age Group Rank = 82/318
Event warmup:

Jogged around some trails just outside the zoo. Ran into Ken and Michelle and chatted for a while.
Run
  • 1h 23m 34s
  • 10 miles
  • 08m 22s  min/mile
Comments:

Ran with the 75min pace group for the first 2 miles. Started to let them go around 2.5 then slowly faded to 8:00+/mi. Eventually was swept up by the 80min pace group around mile 8-8.5. By that point I had decided I didn't really want to push it and hang on with them and just wanted to get a nice long run under my belt.
What would you do differently?:

Maybe have started with the 80 min group but not much really. I hadn't really trained and was planning to use this as a supported hard long run and motivation to get my long run back up. I've been stuck at <8 miles on my long runs for a while so this was good motivation to jump start my training
Post race
Warm down:

Drank a lot of water and sat around and stretched.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Like I said, this was really a supported training run. I didn't push myself but unlike in other races I wasn't really planning to. The 7:30 pace felt really good through the first two miles and then 7:45 felt good through the halfway point. I think I should be able to get down to a 7:30 pace soon if I refocus on my training.

Event comments:

Really like this race. They give out great swag. My only complaint this year is that they didn't have any refreshments (besides beer) after leaving the finish shoot. In the past two years they have had so thing to drink once you leave the corral. This year they didn't and were hurrying people out of the finish corral so I got outside and was looking for a drink. Ended up asking someone who was still inside to hand me water over the fence. Small complaint, I know.

Last updated: 2011-03-03 12:00 AM
Running
01:23:34 | 10 miles | 08m 22s  min/mile
Age Group: 82/318
Overall: 4184/4184
Performance: Average
Course:
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Below average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2011-06-19 8:06 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sykesville
Subject: Baltimore 10-miler

2011-06-20 12:16 PM
in reply to: #3556222

User image

Expert
Glen Burnie, Maryland
Subject: RE: Baltimore 10-miler

Drew,

Nice job on your race. I've wanted to do this one for a few years but it has never worked out.

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Baltimore 10-miler Rss Feed