General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Safety of biking on 3005 in Galveston? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-06-29 10:10 AM

Subject: Safety of biking on 3005 in Galveston?

Hi all --

I'm headed to Galveston (Jamaica Beach for the 4th of July) and I'm wanting to get in a long bike ride in an attempt to at least maintain what I have in the face of the sure fire punishment I'll inflict on my body over the weekend.  I found a route I think will be perfect, but I'm a little bit concerned about the safety.  

I was thinking about taking 3005 (guess it turns into 257 at some point) all the way to 332 and then turning around.  Looks like that's a hair over 50 miles.  The distance and the terrain (FLAT!) is perfect and I'll probably leave at first light.  I was wondering if anyone could comment as to the safety of that road for cyclists?  I've looked around a bit for information on cycling in Galveston and haven't found very much.  Thanks in advance!

2011-06-29 3:54 PM
in reply to: #3572651

User image

NW Houston / Tomball / Cypress
Subject: RE: Safety of biking on 3005 in Galveston?
We rode there last weekend and the shoulder of the road is pretty wide and there isn't too much traffic.  It was really windy, so you'll be dealing with that more than anything.
2011-06-30 9:52 AM
in reply to: #3572651

Regular
Subject: RE: Safety of biking on 3005 in Galveston?
I'll be in that same exact area from July late 3rd-early 8th was trying to find a good ride as well. Maybe we can hook up at first light a couple times I don't know the area well enough either to comment on where to go but I'll sure ride along. Fire me a pm or something and let's ride in Galveston
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Safety of biking on 3005 in Galveston? Rss Feed