United States
Team Nebraska Triathlon
Precipitation
Total Time = 1h 25m 8s
Overall Rank = 54/58
Age Group = 25-29F
Age Group Rank = 2/2
Pre-race routine:

Woke up in the middle of the night to LOUD thunder. Woke up at 6 a.m. feeling not the greatest, saw it was still pouring outside. I checked the Facebook page and it said they would race, rain or shine. I grabbed a few more things like a towel and my rain jacket. Arrived at the race about 6:45 a.m., only to be told that due to the rain the race was going to start at 8:30 instead of 7:30. Drove to McDonald's because I had to go to the bathroom and couldn't see a porta-potty anywhere. Got back to the race site and got checked in and everything set up. Went back to sit in my car.
Event warmup:

Finally at 7:55 I thought welp, better go make sure of what is going on. Hopped out of my car...and saw everybody lined up in the transition area??!! They changed the race start time to 8:00! Crap! I hustled over there in plenty of time to get lined up though.
Run
  • 18m 10s
  • 2 miles
  • 09m 05s  min/mile
Comments:

Was not feeling so great on this run. TMI - I am starting that hateful time that most women get monthly, and pretty much everything hurts. The josteling of each step was uncomfortable and I kind of felt like I was gonna barf. But still I did really well, though I was immediately at the back of the pack! I was amazed at how many people were running so quickly.

One part of the run course is very much downhill for about 1/2 mile, then you turn around and go back up the hill. That part sucked. It was pretty scenery though!
What would you do differently?:

I don't think I'd do anything differently.
Transition 1
  • 00m 42s
Bike
  • 47m 26s
  • 12 miles
  • 15.18 mile/hr
Comments:

Totally got lapped on the bike....like, a lot. I am pretty sure the first place dude lapped me two times. I typically ride at 12-13 MPH so the fact that I averaged over 15 on a pretty hilly course is really good! I am pretty happy with it even though I got lapped. It was a three-lap course.
What would you do differently?:

Train on the bike more. DUH! :)
Transition 2
  • 00m 28s
Run
  • 18m 23s
  • 2 miles
  • 09m 11s  min/mile
Comments:

I was hurting pretty bad by this time. I pedaled almost the entire bike ride and really worked on getting up some of the steep hills. I was totally covered in sweat by now, the humidity was crazy high, and I was just ready to be done. But I struggled through it! There was one part on a very steep downhill where I was literally running like a drunk person. I almost fell on my face, my legs were just like jello!
Post race
Warm down:

Just walked around, put my bike away.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Not putting in much time on my bike.

Event comments:

I really liked this race! I think it would suck for a beginner because all the people that do this race are so fast. I don't think I would have liked this to be my first race ever because it would have made me upset to finish so far at the back of the pack. But it was still a good race, lots of volunteers, clearly marked course, and everyone was pretty nice which is always good. :)

Last updated: 2011-07-03 12:00 AM
Running
00:18:10 | 02 miles | 09m 05s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/2
Overall: 53/58
Performance: Good
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking
T1
Time: 00:42
Overall:
Run with bike?