Northbrook Park District
75F / 24C
Sunny
Total Time = 25m 48s
Overall Rank = 56/248
Age Group = 40-44
Age Group Rank = 6/26
Pre-race routine:

Woke up around 6 am. Couldn't sleep. Not nervous just over tired from spending two days building a swingset! Ate a banana and drank some Powerade. Stomach was acting up.
Event warmup:

Nice thing about a local event is that you don't have to leave home until about a half hour before the event. Got there with plenty of time but the bathrooms were inoperable. Spent some time looking around the golf course and fields for a portapotty but no go. Suck it up!
Run
  • 25m 48s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 08m 18s  min/mile
Comments:

I thought I pushed it. I am not fast and I am a Clydesdale so I could feel my feet poudning the pavement! My stomach problems went away and I just focused on my breathing. Yes this is not a marathon but it is still a long way for me! Though this was a small race there was plenty of pace booty. One woman in front of me would not let me pass. Which was fine, if you know what mean. I ended up beating her with a 1/2 mile to go. One father and son team would sprint past me and then walk for awhile and then do it again. I can't remember if they beat me but who cares. I was surprised that I finished under 26 minutes but I secretly wanted to. I was dying for some water but they had none until the the 2 mile mark or so. It felt good! I sprinted the lsst 1/10 mile and then laughed when I looked at my Garmin. My sprint is a normal jog for some people. Oh well at least no double stroller beat me!
What would you do differently?:

Nothing or maybe hit the bathroom at my house.
Post race
Warm down:

I was beat after the "sprint". Walked around to cool down and grabbed some water and a banana. Headed home!

What limited your ability to perform faster:

My 210 punds and old age!

Event comments:

I like this race. It is small so all the post-race events are limited or non-existent but it is close to my house, cheap, and fun! Hopefully next year my son will do the 1 mile race.

Last updated: 2011-06-20 12:00 AM
Running
00:25:48 | 03.11 miles | 08m 18s  min/mile
Age Group: 6/26
Overall: 56/248
Performance: Average
Course: Around the Techny Fields, then the golf course.
Keeping cool Average Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? No
Post race activities: Below average
Race evaluation [1-5] 3

{postbutton}
2011-07-05 10:43 AM

User image

Expert
Chicagoland
Subject: Liberty Loop 5k

2011-07-05 4:57 PM
in reply to: #3581125

User image

Extreme Veteran
Langley, BC, 'Wet Coast' Canada
Subject: RE: Liberty Loop 5k

Nicely done, TeddieMao, nicely done!!

Congrats on getting out there, and on  '' pounding "  your way to sub-26  

2011-07-08 5:57 PM
in reply to: #3581125

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: Liberty Loop 5k

Excellent job finishing with a good sprint and getting under 26 minutes. What are you talking abut, "old age"? You're still just a kid!

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Liberty Loop 5k Rss Feed