General Discussion Race Reports! » 4th Annual DQ Triathlon at Medford Lakes, NJ Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

4th Annual DQ Triathlon at Medford Lakes, NJ - TriathlonSprint

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Medford Lakes, New Jersey
United States
Danzeisen & Quigley
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 13m 34s
Overall Rank = 186/370
Age Group = 30-34
Age Group Rank = 21/38
Swim
  • 10m 58s
  • 450 meters
  • 02m 26s / 100 meters
Comments:

Not disappointed with the efforts or the results. This is by far my weakest part of the race and with the time constraints on this year's training - I'm please with the outcome.
What would you do differently?:

Same thing I always harp on myself - train MORE!
Transition 1
  • 03m 13s
Comments:

Not sure why my time slowed down so much from last year. It was a completely different setup and since I got to the race so late, I didn't have a very good selection for racks to pick from. Not the race director's fault - clearly my own and I need to roll out of bed fifteen minutes earlier.

Have to figure out my setup better. Clearly there is ALOT of room for improvement in these areas.
Bike
  • 34m 28s
  • 11 miles
  • 19.15 mile/hr
Comments:

Not sure if this was the same course as last year because that one hill was bigger and had a more prolonged incline than I remember last year. Again though - my time constraints for bike training was severly limited and the extra effort to get near my last year's time may have changed my perspective

Train . . . Train . . . TRAIN ----> but in all seriousness, very pleased with the outcome. Hard to be disappointed and get down on myself to commit serious training time to the swim and bike when the effort felt good and the results weren't spirit crushing.
Transition 2
  • 01m 6s
Comments:

Not bad in this transition. Did add 4 seconds to last year's time but that's from drinking some Gatorade at the rack and the poor position in the transition area.

Not too much here. This transition time was good for 142nd place but when ya have guys and gals making the transition in under 30 seconds, its hard to be overly disappointed with a somewhat close time to the pros.
Run
  • 23m 50s
  • 3 miles
  • 07m 56s  min/mile
Comments:

Course was definately different from last year's. The run is undoubtly my strongest area and I'm a little disappointed with this effort. There was ALOT of gas left in the tank when I crossed the finish line and not too sure when there wasn't more of an urgency in the run. Actually think the Garmin Forerunner hurt me because I kept looking at it to gauge my speed by the GPS calculator and not by my perceived effort.

The technology is ultra-cool but I think I'll leave the GPS out next time. This whole thing is trial by error (i.e. MP3 player in the Broad Street Run) but I should know better than to carry extra equipment with me that isn't really needed. Still, it feels great to run under an eight minute pace when there's fellas at work who can't run 1 mile in under 8 minutes without the swim and bike segments.
Post race
What limited your ability to perform faster:

No secret here - instead of spending so much time at work and in the work commute, get serious about your training and get the workouts done when they're scheduled to be done. It'd be nice if you'd get real serious about the Triathlon and see what ya can really accomplish someday.

Event comments:

Said it last year and I'll say it again this year. Without a doubt - NO questions asked - truly, truly, TRULY love this event. Would like to see the race clock at the finish line make a return appearance next year and hope the parking situation gets squared away sooner or later but I will most definately be back next year to improve on this year's effort / time. CONGRATS to Chuck Sellers who did a GREAT job as race director again!!!!

Last updated: 2005-09-03 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:10:58 | 450 meters | 02m 26s / 100meters
Age Group: 0/38
Overall: 296/370
Performance: Good
Suit: Desoto Shorts
Course: Point-to-Point
Start type: Wade Plus: Waves
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current: Low
200M Perf. Average Remainder: Average
Breathing: Average Drafting: Bad
Waves: Good Navigation: Good
Rounding:
T1
Time: 03:13
Performance: Below average
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Yes
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: Yes
Getting up to speed: Average
Biking
00:34:28 | 11 miles | 19.15 mile/hr
Overall: 163/370
Performance: Good
Wind: Little
Course: Out-n-Back course.
Road: Rough Dry Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Bad Hills: Below average
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 01:06
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike Bad
Running with bike Average
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:23:50 | 03 miles | 07m 56s  min/mile
Overall: 139/370
Performance: Average
Course: Out-n-Back course
Keeping cool Good Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2005-09-03 11:07 PM

New user

Cherry Hill
Subject: 4th Annual DQ Triathlon at Medford Lakes, NJ

2005-09-04 10:39 AM
in reply to: #240335

User image

Regular
Philadelphia
Subject: RE: 4th Annual DQ Triathlon at Medford Lakes, NJ

Great race!  I was there as well and had the same problems with racking.  I was racked in one of the last racks by the swim exit.  I felt like my actual time at the rack was pretty good, but it took forever for me to get to/from the bike course. 

I agree it was a great race and I'll be back next year. 

2005-09-05 1:31 PM
in reply to: #240335

User image

Master
Royersford, PA
Subject: RE: 4th Annual DQ Triathlon at Medford Lakes, NJ
Nice job. Great bike and run splits. I really don't remember the bike having quite as many of those long gradual hills and the run was definitely a different course than last year (and what was on the website), but I actually liked the changes. I also really enjoy this race. Its got a very nice "small hometown feel" to it and I have had a great time the last two years.
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » 4th Annual DQ Triathlon at Medford Lakes, NJ Rss Feed