General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Moveing to Clarksville TN Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-07-07 9:12 PM

User image

Veteran
Clarksvile
Subject: Moveing to Clarksville TN

??Hey Tennessee BTers!!  My Family and I are moving to Clarksville TN from Colorado Springs in a few weeks.  I just completed IMCDA and need to focus on something other than IRONMAN training (which is surprisingly very hard). So I'm trying to focus on my new stomping grounds for triathlon and get the skinny on local tri-shops, triclubs, best race calendars to use for the local area etc...  Any info is greatly appreciated.

thanks

Tim

2011-07-07 10:04 PM
in reply to: #3585787

Extreme Veteran
Subject: RE: Moveing to Clarksville TN

Team Magic puts on a number of good events, there is  an OLY in a few weeks downtown nashville.

check out trifind.com for the races (Nashvegas 1/2 iron distance in Sept, 1 mile swim/35 mile bike/15k run in August). number of tri clubs and shops, ACME and Endurance sports and Rec are two of the most popular. Pretty active tri community

2011-07-08 9:09 PM

User image

Veteran
Clarksvile
Outstanding.  Thanks
2011-07-10 8:59 AM

New user

No club in Clarksville. Nashville has a great club w lots of group rides, swims, and runs. Local YMCA off Madison street has a decent pool. Percy Priest lake in Nashville (Anderson Rd beach) is great for open water swims. Natchez Trace parkway also (best parking at mile marker 440) is a beautiful rolling low traffic bike area. Plenty of races from kids to elites in the tri state area. Daily bikes or long weekend bikes can be done relatively low traffic in the Sango area off exit 11. Greenway park off 101st parkway and Peachers Mill is a well maintained family friendly running trail. There is a bike shop off of Madison called the Bicycle Center and another bike shop in Hopkinsville, Ky. ACME sports in Goodlettesville is awesome (you can check them out on FB they are covering Chattanooga Tri this morning). Endurance Sports has an endless pool for swim analysis among other things. Endeavor sports with Coach Todd has a great computrainer indoor ride program as well as bike fit and outdoor group training rides. West End ave in Nashville has a few good shops. Hmmm, anything else? Enjoy your stay here in Clarksville, we love it here. I'm sure you will find a very friendly Tri community here:-)
2011-07-10 9:14 PM

User image

Veteran
Clarksvile
That’s
great I was worried about it not being a TRY community.  So much that I was thinking about changing to
EXTERA Races so I would not have to worry about training on the TN/KY roads.  I’ve been spoiled living here in Colorado
which has a huge community of triathletes and training areas galore.
2011-07-11 9:58 AM
in reply to: #3589628

User image

TN

Tribean,

Welcome to Clarksville. I've lived here 5 yrs and it is by far the most active community that I have ever lived in. Good balance of "transients" & "lifers" makes for a stable yet friendly to outsiders community. The Tri scene has been well described by others. My summary would be that I love the fact that I can train for an Ironman and never have to "drive somewhere" to do my training. I can access hundreds of miles of cycling & runner friendly roads right from my front door. I doubt that anything compares to CO, but I'm sure you'll learn to love TN. One word of caution: HUMIDITY

Feel free to PM me when you're in town and we can do some training.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Moveing to Clarksville TN Rss Feed