General Discussion Race Reports! » Pleasant Prairie Triathlon - Sprint Distance Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Pleasant Prairie Triathlon - Sprint Distance - TriathlonSprint

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
United States
Sunny
Total Time = 2h 00m 40s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Already had everything packed and ready to go. Double checked my list of the stuff I needed. Had a cup of coffee and an egg and toast for breakfast.
Event warmup:

None really. Checked the Transitions In/Out locations, double checked my area and went in the water to check the temp since I didn't wear a wetsuit.
Swim
  • 28m 56s
  • 820 yards
  • 03m 32s / 100 yards
Comments:

Of course I need to work on my OWS. For some reason I have a high anxiety out there. I have a big problem putting my face in the water. I'm scared what I will see!
What would you do differently?:

I need to eventually buy my own wetsuit so I can get out and practice OWS more. I have a limited time of swimmable water here in WI.
Transition 1
  • 03m 9s
Comments:

T1 went well. I did dilly-dally a bit though and walked it in a bit after the swim. But putting on the socks and bike shoes went well and clipping in went well too, as this was my first time using the shoes during a race.

Go faster and not worry about socks during the bike.
Bike
  • 45m 57s
  • 12.43 miles
  • 16.23 mile/hr
Comments:

I was prepared for the wind and hills this year. The wind isn't that strong, but I don't get too much of it where I ride here. I enjoyed cruising down the hills too. They weren't big hills, but they were long enough that going down the other side really gave me some speed. My fastest speed was 26 mph which is crazy fast for me.

I need to just get out and ride more. Power up my legs and get them to go faster. I did take about five minutes off last years bike time, so that was good to see.
Transition 2
  • 02m 56s
Comments:

Went well, but again I did dilly-dally a bit. I took a GU and some fluids here instead of worrying about it on the run.

Go faster
Run
  • 39m 43s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 12m 46s  min/mile
Comments:

I should have pushed myself harder. I walked three times the first 2 miles, and then I kept running. It was really tough for me to just run.

Keep running and don't listen to my head to walk when I know I can keep running.
Post race
Warm down:

Walked about and stretched.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Me and lack of training. I was really anticipating my swim to be better this year after training in a pool all winter and getting my time down. But, I need to get into that open water and feel comfortable there or I will never get faster.

Event comments:

I felt really good during and after this race. I remember when I did it for the first time last year. I thought I was going to collapse at the end. Then I went home and slept the day away and was SO sore. This year I felt great. I took a short nap and then enjoyed the day with friends. I definitely improved, but there is still a long way for me to go.

Last updated: 2010-11-03 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:28:56 | 820 yards | 03m 32s / 100yards
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Below average
My time is slower than last years. Didn't even think that was possible. I was out by a bunch of first timers so I don't really think I pushed myself. I felt comfortable just taking it slow and hanging back.
Suit: none
Course: Out and back
Start type: Run Plus: Waves
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current: Low
200M Perf. Below average Remainder: Below average
Breathing: Below average Drafting:
Waves: Navigation: Good
Rounding: Good
T1
Time: 03:09
Performance: Average
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
No
Wetsuit stuck? No Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: No
Getting up to speed: Good
Biking
00:45:57 | 12.43 miles | 16.23 mile/hr
Performance: Average
Wind: Some
Course:
Road: Smooth  Cadence:
Turns: Cornering: Average
Gear changes: Average Hills: Average
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 02:56
Overall: Average
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike Average
Racking bike Average
Shoe and helmet removal Average
Running
00:39:43 | 03.11 miles | 12m 46s  min/mile
Performance: Below average
Course: Very flat out and back
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 2
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2011-07-19 10:39 AM

User image

Veteran
Racine, WI
Subject: Pleasant Prairie Triathlon - Sprint Distance
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Pleasant Prairie Triathlon - Sprint Distance Rss Feed