Red Frog Events
80F / 27C
Sunny
Total Time = 38m 22s
Overall Rank = 1660/6378
Age Group = M40-44
Age Group Rank = 144/458
Pre-race routine:

Nothing big for this race - it was all about having fun with my son Andrew. Woke up and got in the car with the family and made the lengthy drive down to Florence from Scottsdale. Had a Clif Bar and G2 for breakfast, my usual fare on event mornings. Took a 5 hr energy like always and was ready to go. Hung out in the common area with the family and watched the first two (2) waves head out, and the first finishers enter the mud pit. Andrew and I got jazzed and went to the corral four our start time (10am - 3rd wave of the day).
Event warmup:

Stretched a little, knowing this was a bit more than just running.
Run
  • 38m 22s
  • 3.4 miles
  • 11m 17s  min/mile
Comments:

Obstacles, obstacles everywhere. This was fun. I took many of the obstacles head on and it was only the horizontal cargo nets that were slow for me. Andrew struggled a bit on the run and we walked after the vertical cargo nets and hay bale tower, which just so happened to be right where Kym and the girls were standing and recording us.

We had a slower pace, but then again, this was not about speed, it was about having a blast with my son, so we were not in a rush to finish.

One of the more fun races I have been in, and I have a great video of my going airborne to splash down in the mud pit.
What would you do differently?:

Nothing - we had a BLAST!
Post race
Warm down:

Got hosed off by the volunteer crew and relaxed a bit. We donated our shoes to a good cause, then realized we had no flip flops to get back to the car, so that was a longer .4 miles to walk than the whole obstacle course. OUCH.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Nothing - it was not about speed.

Event comments:

I love this event!!

Last updated: 2010-12-22 12:00 AM
Running
00:38:22 | 03.4 miles | 11m 17s  min/mile
Age Group: 144/458
Overall: 1660/6378
Performance: Good
Course: 3+ mile obstacle course with rolling hills, walls to climb over, hay bale tower, cargo nets (vertical and horizontal), and the finale, the mud pit.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Too easy
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2011-07-20 10:07 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Scottsdale
Subject: Warrior Dash

2011-07-20 5:59 PM
in reply to: #3605877

User image

Extreme Veteran
Melbourne
Subject: RE: Warrior Dash
Awesome! So glad you had a blast.

I so want Warrior Dash to come back to Australia so I can have a crack, they haven't announced the 2012 date yet...
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Warrior Dash Rss Feed