General Discussion Triathlon Talk » new TT bike with a little over 3 weeks for half IM Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-07-27 11:38 AM

User image

Regular
Akron
Subject: new TT bike with a little over 3 weeks for half IM
I just purchased a new TT bike over the weekend and am waiting on it to arrive this week. I was on a road bike. I have plans on doing the HIM in Steelhead. Wander if I will be able to get used to it that quick. Any thoughts? I will also have a professional bike fit once it is here. I'm so excited. I got the carbon fiber Scott contessa plasma! I was riding an aluminum frame for my road bike, so I'm expecting great things. I guess if I don't feel that comfortable on the TT I will hold back and use what I've been riding. A dealer told me a few weeks should be okay to get used to the adjustment. I didn't have aero bars prior to this either

2011-07-27 11:47 AM
in reply to: #3616974

User image

Master
Subject: RE: new TT bike with a little over 3 weeks for half IM
SEADOCHA - 2011-07-27 11:38 AM I just purchased a new TT bike over the weekend and am waiting on it to arrive this week. I was on a road bike. I have plans on doing the HIM in Steelhead. Wander if I will be able to get used to it that quick. Any thoughts? I will also have a professional bike fit once it is here. I'm so excited. I got the carbon fiber Scott contessa plasma! I was riding an aluminum frame for my road bike, so I'm expecting great things. I guess if I don't feel that comfortable on the TT I will hold back and use what I've been riding. A dealer told me a few weeks should be okay to get used to the adjustment. I didn't have aero bars prior to this either

I think that you should be fine. Once your new bike arrives, I would make the recommendation that you ride it exclusively. I am in a similar situation and 32 days until and Ironman and I am still riding my road bike.

2011-07-27 2:29 PM

User image

Regular
Akron
how come you are still riding your road bike. I would be on the TT constantly if I was doing the full...at least I think. Oh yea, should I keep my road bike for any reason??? Some people are telling me I should, especially for indoor training. I will be doing Lake placid IM next year. I don't want to get rid of it too soon,but could use the extra moola!
2011-07-27 3:17 PM
in reply to: #3617403

User image

Master
SEADOCHA - 2011-07-27 2:29 PM how come you are still riding your road bike. I would be on the TT constantly if I was doing the full...at least I think. Oh yea, should I keep my road bike for any reason??? Some people are telling me I should, especially for indoor training. I will be doing Lake placid IM next year. I don't want to get rid of it too soon,but could use the extra moola!

I cracked the top tube on my TT bike. The new one is not done being built. I will switch once its done.
2011-07-27 6:30 PM

New user
i brought a new tt bike and the first time i rode it was boise 70.3 last year.
2011-07-27 10:02 PM

Veteran
I would be a little cautious.  If you usually grind it out at 70-75 rpm like many and your not used to a steep seat tube you could have some knee pain (I know I did).  At the beginning of each season I also have some neck pain from looking up when in aero for long periods of time.  You also developed leg muscles while sitting up.  When you go aero the muscular recruitment is a little different.  Will it out way the aero position, i don't know?   I Would defiantly make sure you felt real good on some long rides with segments at race pace first.   

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » new TT bike with a little over 3 weeks for half IM Rss Feed