General Discussion Race Reports! » Shock Absorber Women's Only Triathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Shock Absorber Women's Only Triathlon - Triathlon

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Windsor, England
United Kingdom
Human Race Event Management
26C / 79F
Sunny
Total Time = 2h 36m 51s
Overall Rank = 126/273
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Not much to speak of, other than staying in the shade as much as possible as it was a hot, hot day!
Event warmup:

Apparently I wrote in the wrong spot... see above. :)
Swim
  • 15m 59s
  • 1000 meters
  • 01m 36s / 100 meters
Comments:

The water was quite warm, and I'm not sure that I needed a wetsuit, but in the end, I'm glad I had it if for no other reason to add buoyancy. There were a LOT of women in this wave and so trying to find some open space to swim was a bit tricky, luckily I only got kicked in the face once though.
What would you do differently?:

Learn to swim faster so that I don't get kicked in the face?
Transition 1
  • 02m 12s
Comments:

I had one of the volunteers chatting to me the entire time in transition... and I was feeling pretty good about things, so I was chatting him back. He told me to feel free to blame him if my transition time was slower than I wanted... so I'm blaming him!

Nothing really, chatting with the volunteer put a smile on my face, and I'm not about to win anyways, so why not?
Bike
  • 1h 00m 54s
  • 33 kms
  • 32.51 km/hr
Comments:

It was fine... boring, but fine.

Increase my cadence... I could have gone faster but decided not to in order to save my legs a bit for the run.

Everything was actually going really well, up until...

I pull up to the very left-hand side of the path where the bike dismount line is... unclip my right foot and put it on the ground... and WHAMMO! Another lady comes up to the dismount line (I guess she didn't realize there was one?) and runs right into me! I had been looking down at my left foot to unclip it when she hit, took a couple of awkward hops to the left with my right foot under my bike when I just couldn't regain my balance and toppled over. Onto the rocks below that lead down to the water. Needless to say, there was a LOT of swearing on my part - the other woman just shrugged and ran into transition leaving me turtled on the ground trying to unclip myself and stand up, but the area marshalls can't help me and just keep standing there asking "y'all righ?". Um... no. No, I'm not. I finally get myself untangled, stand up, and my left hip is KILLING me from falling onto the rocks. I hobble into transition and swear that if I see that woman on the run, I'm going to trip her.
Transition 2
  • 01m 43s
Comments:

Took a looooooong time to get into my running shoes because my hip just didn't want to bend - this was going to be an ouchie type of run. Sigh.
Run
  • 46m 4s
  • 7.5 kms
  • 06m 08s  min/km
Comments:

I'm going to despise running until the day I die, and this day was made infinitely worse because of being knocked over and having a majorly bruised hip. I really don't have anything else to say about that other than I didn't see the evil woman again, and so my plans of revenge were sadly thwarted.

Put more time in running... I think I partly hate running because I don't do it nearly enough. Awww crap, that actually sounded like something smart, and I'm totally not known for that!
Post race
Warm down:

Hobble for a while trying to make my hip work (it didn't) and so got back on the bike to ride back to the train station to get home.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

I blame the evil woman!

Event comments:

It was mostly a fun race, and I wasn't trying too terribly hard, but the course sure is boring.

Last updated: 2011-06-24 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:15:59 | 1000 meters | 01m 36s / 100meters
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/273
Performance: Good
Suit: Orca long sleeve
Course: 2 laps around a rectangle marked with buoys and then out into T1
Start type: Wade Plus: Waves
Water temp: 20C / 68F Current: Low
200M Perf. Average Remainder: Good
Breathing: Good Drafting: Below average
Waves: Navigation: Average
Rounding: Good
T1
Time: 02:12
Performance: Average
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Yes
Wetsuit stuck? Yes Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: No
Getting up to speed:
Biking
01:00:54 | 33 kms | 32.51 km/hr
Performance:
Wind: Some
Course: 6 laps around the lake... boring!
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills: Good
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Not enough
T2
Time: 01:43
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes Below average
Jumping off bike Below average
Running with bike Average
Racking bike Average
Shoe and helmet removal Average
Running
00:46:04 | 07.5 kms | 06m 08s  min/km
Performance: Below average
Course: 3 laps out and back beside the lake... also kinda boring.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %0
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? No
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2011-08-01 5:26 AM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas
Subject: Shock Absorber Women's Only Triathlon

2011-08-01 10:03 AM
in reply to: #3623096

User image

Pro
Parker, CO
Subject: RE: Shock Absorber Women's Only Triathlon

This RR could have been a lot more interesting had you caught that "Evil Woman" that knocked you over!  Well, that should give you some motivation to run more so that next time you can run the person down! 

Seriously, that had to have sucked.  Glad you are ok and way to hang in there.  Nice job!

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Shock Absorber Women's Only Triathlon Rss Feed