General Discussion Race Reports! » OSIM Singapore International Triathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

OSIM Singapore International Triathlon - TriathlonOlympic

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Singapore,
Singapore
Tiathlon Association of Singapore
30+C / 86F
Sunny
Total Time = 2h 41m 17s
Overall Rank = 105/932
Age Group = 40-44
Age Group Rank = 21/167
Pre-race routine:

8:45 wave start so up before 6am for coffee, banana and an energy bar. Still felt full from teh kilo of pasta I ate the night before. Rode the bike to the race about 10kms in all with the bag balanced on the tri bars.
Swim
  • 37m 42s
  • 1500 meters
  • 02m 31s / 100 meters
What would you do differently?:

I'm going to have to try and find some feet especially in adverse conditions like this. Swimming is not my strength so if I can draft someone and reduce this impact why not. Up till now I've been staying wide because I like being in the clean water but it probably cost me time and energy on the weekend.
Transition 1
  • 00m
Comments:

Quite a long transition up from the beach over a bridge which had been built to cross the bike route (kind of cool).
Bike
  • 1h 10m 32s
  • 40 kms
  • 34.03 km/hr
Comments:

Slowed up for the last two and a half km's to sit up and start deep breathing in an attempt to stave off the stitches which got me last time.
Transition 2
  • 00m
Comments:

Went to put my bike up on the rack and it fell over which was annoying more than time consuming. Went the wrong way out of the transition but only for about 20 metres before the volunteers kindly showed me the way.
Run
  • 53m 4s
  • 10 kms
  • 05m 19s  min/km
Comments:

Damn stitches. Spent the whole time breathing on my left foot, sticking my hand into my liver to try and allieviate them. Was better than Bintan as I was able to control them to painful rather than debilitating.
What would you do differently?:

Going to try some hard long bricks with different eating and drinking combinations to see if I can nut this out.
Post race
Warm down:

4 beers and pizza at a friends place near to the race. Had a swim with the kids and then stood under a hot shower which felt really good even though I know it's bad.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Stitches on the run again

Event comments:

Not sure why but the event seemed to lack atmosphere for some reason. The organisation was good but perhaps it was because the starts were so staggered there wasn't a great concentration of people there at any one time.

Last updated: 2011-03-23 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:37:42 | 1500 meters | 02m 31s / 100meters
Age Group: 38/167
Overall: 0/932
Performance: Good
Suit: Blue Seventy Endurance Tri
Course: two times of an L shaped course which someone said had an 11 knot current running against long part of the L. Really noticed it when you turned at the top bouy and got washed up against it because you were suddenly going across the current.
Start type: Run Plus: Waves
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current: High
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Good Drafting: Bad
Waves: Navigation: Average
Rounding:
T1
Time: 00:00
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed: Good
Biking
01:10:32 | 40 kms | 34.03 km/hr
Age Group: 20/167
Wind: Some
Course: 4 times a 10km loop which was pretty much flat. Had some tight turns which meant we had to slow down a bit for safety.
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence: 95
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Hard Drinks:
T2
Time: 00:00
Overall: Average
Riding w/ feet on shoes Average
Jumping off bike Below average
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Bad
Shoe and helmet removal Good
Running
00:53:04 | 10 kms | 05m 19s  min/km
Age Group: 33/167
Performance: Average
Course: 2 * 5 km loop through the east coast park. The organisers had done a pretty good job of trying to find the shaded parts wherever possible but it was still very hot.
Keeping cool Below average Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5] 3

{postbutton}
2011-08-01 9:56 PM

Singapore
Subject: OSIM Singapore International Triathlon
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » OSIM Singapore International Triathlon Rss Feed