General Discussion Race Reports! » Mack Cycle Key Biscayne Triathlon Trilogy #2 Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Mack Cycle Key Biscayne Triathlon Trilogy #2 - TriathlonSprint

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Key Biscayne, Florida
United States
MultiRace
83F / 28C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 07m 16s
Overall Rank = 180/523
Age Group = 20-24
Age Group Rank = 8/16
Pre-race routine:

Woke up at 4:30 and ate my breakfast(toast w/ peanut butter) 24oz of H2O. I end up getting to the race later then I wanted but I was able to get my transition set up w/ 40 mins to warm up and relax my nerves.
Event warmup:

Took an easy 100m swim, the water was a lot warmer then I expected. I followed it up with some stretching, then sit and wait till my wave was called.
Swim
  • 07m 27s
  • 402 meters
  • 01m 51s / 100 meters
Comments:

The swim went great! I thought I was going to be in the BOP but end up in the MOP. The water was perfectly flat so sighting was not an issue and I swam pretty straight. When I went to go stand up I end up slipping (idk how) but I caught my self before I fell.
What would you do differently?:

Train harder for the swim. I didn't do many of the swim workouts due to weather conditions.
Transition 1
  • 01m 34s
Comments:

My rack was on the opposite end of the swim exist. I lightly jogged/walk to my spot. I was able to put on the everything with ease except the sunglasses I fiddle around with them for like 5-7sec trying to get them on. Right when I jumped on the bike I looked down to make sure my computer was on. I realized I had lost it. :/

Not lose my computer and don't spend time fiddling with the sunglasses. Jog faster to my bike!
Bike
  • 31m 10s
  • 10 miles
  • 19.25 mile/hr
Comments:

I was riding with out a computer so I didn't know my speed or cadence. So I basically did the entire thing on feel. Didn't do to bad. I lost my water bottle about 4 miles in and I stop to get it. I think it was the right thing to do because it was starting to get hot. The last mile and 1/2 there was a guy drafting me, I wasn't really sure what to do so I just let it slide.

To stop being clumbsy and drop water bottle and bike computer.
Transition 2
  • 00m 47s
Comments:

I think I did good overall I jump off like 5 feet before the dismount line since there was a 4 other racers on the line trying to unclip and I was a little scared that I would cross the line while still on the bike. I was able to take off everything pretty quick and put on my racebelt and sunglasses while moving.

Practice getting off faster and changing shoes. Next time might consider doing the run sock less to save a few seconds.
Run
  • 26m 18s
  • 3.1 miles
  • 08m 29s  min/mile
Comments:

I felt great for the first minute or so but then my legs started to cramp up and I end up doing the first mile really slow with a little bit of walking. I finally got my legs back as I was approaching the first aid station and then I was able to run normal.

Incorporate more brick work outs into my training plan and continue to run even when I feel like walking.
Post race
What limited your ability to perform faster:

My training because I gave it everything I had since I end up puking after I crossed the finish line. I was aiming for 1:10 but end up doing it 3 minutes faster so that made me extremely happy.

Event comments:

I had a lot of fun for my first race and I didn't do to bad. The volunteer were great and there wasn't a lack of water/food during,before and after.

Profile Album

Last updated: 2011-06-18 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:07:27 | 402 meters | 01m 51s / 100meters
Age Group: 8/16
Overall: 127/523
Performance: Good
Suit: No wet suit
Course: The water was super calm. There wasn't much visibility on what was happening underwater but it didn't really freak me out.
Start type: Run Plus: Waves
Water temp: 77F / 25C Current: Low
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Average
Breathing: Average Drafting: Below average
Waves: Navigation: Good
Rounding: Average
T1
Time: 01:34
Performance: Average
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
No
Wetsuit stuck? No Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: Yes
Getting up to speed: Average
Biking
00:31:10 | 10 miles | 19.25 mile/hr
Age Group: 10/16
Overall: 269/523
Wind: Little
Course: Good its a local training area so there were no surprise.
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence: N/A
Turns: Average Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills: Average
Race pace: Hard Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 00:47
Overall: Average
Riding w/ feet on shoes Bad
Jumping off bike Good
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Average
Shoe and helmet removal Average
Running
00:26:18 | 03.1 miles | 08m 29s  min/mile
Age Group: 8/16
Overall: 190/523
Course: It was a nice shady course with a mix of concrete and dirt. The course was really narrow and a little bit crowded.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2011-08-04 5:55 PM

User image

Veteran
Atlanta
Subject: Mack Cycle Key Biscayne Triathlon Trilogy #2
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Mack Cycle Key Biscayne Triathlon Trilogy #2 Rss Feed