General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Disneyland Half Marathon : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-08-06 7:43 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sacramento, California
Subject: Disneyland Half Marathon : Official Thread

Ok. Who's excited about this race? 

This is my first time doing this race in Anaheim.  I did the Goofy Challenge in January in Orlando...  and this race will complete my mission to get the Coast to Coast medal.  How about all of you? Looking forward to this?

Enrique

2011-08-06 11:17 PM
in reply to: #3632208

User image

Champion
Northridge, California
Subject: RE: Disneyland Half Marathon : Official Thread

As I mentioned in the VM thread I'll be there, but only cheering this year (my wife, Liz, will be running...she runs it every year).  I ran it in 2008 and 2009.

Last year when she also ran and I didn't, after I said "goodbye and good luck" to her, I went out before the start and ran from mile 4 to mile 10.5 and back to mile 4 as a self-supported training HM (went 1:38 vs. my PR of 1:36...it was a very nice little training day).  Definitely freaked out some of the teenagers who were just finishing setting up some of the aid stations to see somebody coming through early.  Played a little math class word-problem game with myself estimating when I would encounter the lead runners as I was running back "upstream."

Fun race...good expo, nice t-shirt and medal...just has a VERY early start time and the section of the course from when you leave the park around mile 4 until you get on the river path around mile 9 is a bit boring (industrial/commercial tract).

2011-08-23 9:35 AM

User image

Regular
I did this race last year.  Fun!  Most of it was the boring streets of Anaheim, but running through the parks and Angel Stadium was awesome!  As the previous poster said, it's a VERY early wake-up call....but the race is very run and well-organized. I wore Mickey Mouse Ears through the whole race, and lots of other people were totally dressed up like Disney characters.
2011-09-02 8:43 AM

User image

Elite
the desert

It's GO TIME!

Weather forecast looks good for the race on Sunday. I've been nursing a sore hammy, but am going to give it a go.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Disneyland Half Marathon : Official Thread Rss Feed