United States
Mothers Uniting for peace
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 13m 40s
Overall Rank = 148/202
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

had a power bar and a coffee on my way to Keene. I met my friend at her house which is on the way to the race. We parked and walked up to registration before we went back and got our bikes and stuff over to the transition area. I was really nervous on Friday evening, but i felt fine on Saturday
Event warmup:

not much, just a bit of stretching and walking with my friend to show her the swim course which you can see from the shore of the dam area.
Swim
  • 09m 52s
  • 440 yards
  • 02m 14s / 100 yards
Comments:

I felt pretty strong coming out of the water. It was really humid out, but i didn't notice right away because I was still wet from the water.
What would you do differently?:

I don't know i felt really good, compared to that cold water swim early in July. So, I guess this went pretty well.
Transition 1
  • 01m 30s
Comments:

My bike was sort of racked in the middle. But the racks seemed further apart this year, so that was good.

Nothing, really.
Bike
  • 26m 42s
  • 8 miles
  • 17.98 mile/hr
Comments:

I should have remembered to put my bike in a lower gear before I started. so, it was a bit of an effort to get up to speed. But once I got going I was fine. I passed quite a few people on the ride. I think the humidity started to catch up to me. My legs started to feel tired just after the turn around. After the one little hill, I just pushed as hard as I could to the end.

I would have my bike in a lower gear and drink more during the ride.
Transition 2
  • 01m 30s
Comments:

I realized I hadn't been drinking anything, so I gulped down almost half of my water bottle. Augh!

nothing, this transition isn't very hard, because i don't have to change shoes or anything. So, it's usually pretty quick.
Run
  • 34m 6s
  • 3.1 miles
  • 11m  min/mile
Comments:

I walked at the beginning and then once more at the short dirt hill going to the main road. After that I just tried to keep a steady pace. I was past by quite a few people, but that's not unusually. The run was mostly in the shade which was a very good thing. I tried to pick up my pace toward the end.

Not much, just keep triaing so I don't have to walk any of the course.
Post race
Warm down:

got some water and walked back up the road a bit, so that I could wait for my friend to come in. She was about 5 or so minutes behind me and her knee was giving her problems. But she was smiling and so excited. It was her first triathlon and it made me so happy to be there with her!

What limited your ability to perform faster:

mostly the humidity. I'm also heavier than I was last year. So, that has something to do with it too. But I felt really strong and overall I think I had a pretty good race.

Event comments:

This year there were no timing chips, so the above times are based on what I can remember from my watch as I was doing the course. It felt a little more disorganized than last year. And the post race food was not very good. I don't like to complain though. Sharing in my friend's excitement was really great too! That was awesome.

So I've updated this race with the official data that was posted today. I performed better than I thought I did. Yeah!

Last updated: 2011-02-03 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:09:52 | 440 yards | 02m 14s / 100yards
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 129/202
Performance: Good
I felt really good on the swim. This is a small race, so they only have two waves. First the men, than the women. I actually ended up catching up to some of the men and passing them on the swim. That made me pretty happy.
Suit:
Course: I think the swim was marked a little longer this year. It felt like the buoys were farther out and then there was a quick turn straight toward the boat ramp.
Start type: Run Plus: Waves
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Average Remainder: Good
Breathing: Good Drafting:
Waves: Navigation: Good
Rounding: Good
T1
Time: 01:30
Performance: Average
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed: Average
Biking
00:26:42 | 08 miles | 17.98 mile/hr
Overall: 113/202
Performance: Good
Wind: Little
Course: the beginning part of the course is a short up hill. then it flattens out with just small rolling hills to the turn around. So, mostly flat. But the road was in worse condition than last summer, you really had to go wide to pass people to avoid all the wholes.
Road: Rough Dry Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills: Average
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Not enough
T2
Time: 01:30
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike Good
Running with bike Average
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Good
Running
00:34:06 | 03.1 miles | 11m  min/mile
Overall: 170/202
Performance:
Course: starts the same as the bike with a bit of an up hill. I had to walk for a bit, I was feeling the humidity at this point.
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized?
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes