Up early, fast food breakfast ad register
Event warmup:

not much, just rolled around
Bike
  • 6h 08m
  • 100 miles
  • 16.30 mile/hr
Comments:

Great ride for me. My first century since probably 2001 or 02! My longest ride since June when I did 74 miles. The rain kept the oppressive heat we have been having away and helped me get a good ride in. My plan was to ride the first 56 as training for Branson-pacing, nutrition etc Then just ride rest stop to rest stop-cutting off early if I wanted to. I sipped all but the 80 mile rest stop-I needed to pee and the volunteers were so bored they were anxious to serve so I topped off my aero bottle and grabbed some brownies and a granola bar. This was probably wise, I knew we would turn back into the wind and there were more hills. I entertained hopes of a sub 6hr finish but let it go. Met a couple other triathletes and chatted a bit, rode in the last cpl miles with one from Dallas. Did a brief 1 mile brick run at the stadium
What would you do differently?:

Nothing really-great ride. The early morning drizzle was comfortable-riding off into the predawn mist was sort of surreal and fun
Post race
Warm down:

2 bottles of cold water and some bike chat then 4 laps around the track at Apple Stadium

Event comments:

We have been having some brutal heat this summer so they moved the start up to 7am with an optional informal start at 6:30 which I took. The heat never hit like it had been thanks to the rain but I appreciated the early start. Im a 6hour century rider right now-early is better

Last updated: 2010-12-30 12:00 AM
Biking
06:08:00 | 100 miles | 16.30 mile/hr
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
first 56-3:13:23-rode at my 70.3 pace-felt good
Wind: Little
Course: rolling, rural roads mostly. Some highway service roads. Some good hills.Most were in good condition, there are a few rough areas. It is hard to get 100 miles of good roads in this county that meet all the needs of a bike rally
Road: Smooth Wet Cadence:
Turns: Average Cornering: Average
Gear changes: Average Hills: Average
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2011-08-13 1:33 PM

User image

Master
Denison Texas
Subject: Kiwanis Red River Rally

2011-08-13 8:50 PM
in reply to: #3642121

User image

Elite
Cheesehead, WI
Subject: RE: Kiwanis Red River Rally
Great ride Jeff. With heat and rain, ugh. Very rewarding to complete a century isn't it? I did it once, should do it again sometime. 
2011-08-13 10:42 PM
in reply to: #3642511

User image

Master
Denison Texas

BbMoozer - 2011-08-13 8:50 PM Great ride Jeff. With heat and rain, ugh. Very rewarding to complete a century isn't it? I did it once, should do it again sometime. 

Yes it is. I used to do them to the point of routine. It was nice to come back to

2011-08-14 10:26 AM
in reply to: #3642121

User image

Regular
Kirkwood, Mo.
Nice job Jeff!  Glad you had great weather for your ride.  Hoping this weather sticks around for Branson.
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Kiwanis Red River Rally Rss Feed