Set Up Events
78F / 26C
Overcast
Total Time = 07m
Overall Rank = 23/228
Age Group = 35-39
Age Group Rank = 3/10
Pre-race routine:

Wake up and try to find the place. I should have scouted it out the day before but I didn't. My NAV took me to the address listed on the race site but that didn't help. Lucky for me I saw another car with a bike and just followed it.
Chipping and body marking was easy. This event was way laid back.
Event warmup:

My traditional NONE.
Swim
  • 07m 57s
  • 300 yards
  • 02m 39s / 100 yards
Comments:

If I learn how to swim aka go to the pool more often. I might be dangerous. But as it is I am a back of the middle packer when it comes to the swim.
What would you do differently?:

Not try a new stroke at an event.
Transition 1
  • 01m 12s
Comments:

Transition was big with lots of room. The bad part is all exits and entrances were on one side. This gave a distinct advantage to people closer to the entrance. I was not one of those people.

Nothing. It was a good transition.
Bike
  • 25m 40s
  • 7.87 miles
  • 18.40 mile/hr
Comments:

I would have loved to really push myself on this course but wow was it dangerous. Catching air on a tri-bike is not my idea of fun. After hammering the first lap I slowed down and took it easy. There was no reason to kill myself or wreck. It was going to be a long 6 hour drive home and I didn't need a trip to the hospital to make it even longer. Speed bumps = bad race course.

Push myself harder on the long up hills. The road conditions weren't bad there.
Transition 2
  • 01m 42s
Comments:

Not a bad transition. Like I said all the entrances were on one end. I was not on that end. It makes for a long transition time when you run the furthest each time.

Go to the correct rack. I went one too far. I didn't put socks on in T1 figuring the wind would dry my feet off for T2. It was so humid this day that nothing dried. It took a couple seconds longer for the socks.
Run
  • 24m 9s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 07m 46s  min/mile
Comments:

I was not expecting hills. Not sure why...but they surprised me. Lucky for me there were a couple people out there around my pace that pushed me to keep going. It wasn't the pace I wanted but it was good.

Really I thought I was having a bad day. I should have really pushed myself. Never give up.
Post race
Warm down:

Gatorade and water. I skipped the food as I wasn't hungry. Used a roller to roll out my muscles a little.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

The bike course was just dangerous with speed bumps. That and me giving up a little. I need to push all the time.

Event comments:

This was their first year. Based on that it was a good race. There were mistakes made (no cones or volunteers at a turn on the bike course lots of people missed the turn) but I'm sure they will fix this for next year. Personally I will not be coming back if the course is on the same road. Just too dangerous for high speeds. Beautiful but dangerous.

Last updated: 2011-06-07 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:07:57 | 300 yards | 02m 39s / 100yards
Age Group: 8/10
Overall: 120/228
Performance: Average
Organizers weren't really confident about the setup of the pool swim. I heard a lot of the discussing what was going to happen. In the end it all worked out.
Suit:
Course: This was a serpentine pool swim. Unlike other swims you had the entire lane to yourself. It was nice not to worry about other swimmers. What wasn't nice is the lane dividers were so tight they were under the water. You get used to it after the first couple don't move when your head slams into them. After the swim there is a relatively long run up stairs to get to the timing mat and T1.
Start type: Inside Pool Plus: Time Trial
Water temp: 78F / 26C Current:
200M Perf. Average Remainder: Average
Breathing: Good Drafting: Average
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 01:12
Performance: Good
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: No
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:25:40 | 07.87 miles | 18.40 mile/hr
Age Group: 2/10
Overall: 16/228
Performance: Average
They must have changed it from the original course because DAMN this thing was short.
Wind: None
Course: It was a two 3.2 mile lap course. 2 of the miles were up hills. The last mile was a screaming down hill with turns and SPEED BUMPS. Beautiful landscape but wow dangerous.
Road: Potholes Dry Cadence: 74
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills: Average
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 01:42
Overall: Average
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Bad
Shoe and helmet removal Good
Running
00:24:09 | 03.11 miles | 07m 46s  min/mile
Age Group: 3/10
Overall: 22/228
Performance: Good
Course: It was a nice scenic run through hills and shade. There was plenty of aid stations out. Really a nice challenging course.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? No
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes