General Discussion Triathlon Talk » fort hood groups Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-08-22 12:37 PM

Subject: fort hood groups

does anyone know if any riding groups in the fort hood/killeen area?

i heard of Fort Hood Team Army but i cant find anything on them anywhere.

2011-08-24 2:37 PM
in reply to: #3653838

User image

Katy, TX
Subject: RE: fort hood groups
Good Luck man. I spent my last two years at hood 08-10 and the triathlon/bike scene was almost non-existant. I know they put on a triathlon everyear out at BLORA, so if you touched base with the MWR people they have have a contact for a local club/team. I would say your best bet is heading down to Austin or up to Waco to get in with a big group.
2011-08-24 3:26 PM
in reply to: #3657484

User image

Expert
Temple, TX

I have a friend that rides with Team Army, I'll try to remember to ask her when they ride and post tomorrow.  I've just joined a group called Team Brotherhood, they just got their website up and running, so it should pop up if you Google it, and they are also on Facebook.  There's also a women's group called WOW (Women On Wheels) that ride on Tuesday evenings and Sunday mornings.  They also have a FB page, not sure if they have a website.  You can PM me if you want more info....

Yes, Ft. Hood has a free sprint tri at Blora, you can get info on their MWR site.

2011-08-26 2:53 PM
in reply to: #3657574

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
My friend says Team Army rides a couple times during the week in the evenings, but didn't say which days, and ride both Sat. and Sun.  She also says they have a Facebook page where they post when and where they are riding, under "events". 
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » fort hood groups Rss Feed