General Discussion Race Reports! » America's Finest City Half Marathon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

America's Finest City Half Marathon - RunHalf Marathon

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
San Diego, California
United States
62F / 17C
Sunny
Total Time = 7h 00m
Overall Rank = 1539/6753
Age Group = 45-49
Age Group Rank = 99/356
Pre-race routine:

9 runners met at my house around 3:15am and we carpooled to the shuttle/finish area. Arrived around 3:55am with no traffic and met up with the rest of the group. Sucked down a GU and some sport beans and drank some water.
Event warmup:

Walked to shuttle area, got dropped off to the start line by 5AM...2 hrs to kill! 2 trips to the porto-potty, a litle walking around and stretching before the start. Warmed up during the first couple miles of the race.
Run
  • 1h 54m 3s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 08m 43s  min/mile
Comments:

Was really feeling all that energy at the beginning of the run, depsite aving a good day of rest prior. Although the first coupl emiles were downhill, followed by flat, I conserved because of the 1.75 mile hill/incline towards the end of the run.
What would you do differently?:

I should have started out with a faster pace. The climb at the end was a little challenging, but I don't think it would've been to hard to finish with a quicker start.
Post race
Warm down:

Found a nice shadey area under a tree in the park and stretched while waiting for the rest of the group to finish and meet up. Walked around a little to the post-run expo, then a 1.5 mile walk back to the car.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Slow start, weaving in and out of traffic for the first couple of miles.

Last updated: 2011-04-08 12:00 AM
Running
01:54:03 | 13.1 miles | 08m 43s  min/mile
Age Group: 99/356
Overall: 1539/6753
Performance: Good
Course: Good course, first couple miles were downhill, followed by flat 8 miles. As soon as the course turned towards downtown, it was all uphill for the the rest of the run until the last .25 miles. Finish chute was slightly downhill, with a fast sprint finish.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes