General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Last Chance Try Rend Lake, IL Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-08-31 7:59 PM

User image

Davenport, IA
Subject: Last Chance Try Rend Lake, IL

Who all is doing this race?  I'll be making the trip down for the long Olympic, definitely looking forward to it.

2011-09-17 8:31 AM
in reply to: #3668263

User image

Bronze member
Subject: RE: Last Chance Try Rend Lake, IL

Starting to think about it. My season ended early due to tendonitis after my HIM in June. I am just getting back to running. Bike fitness is good, swim is good enough. It will depend on the weather for me - I am a fair weather racer . I only live about 1 hour 15 min away so this would be an easy one to get to. I am thinking about the sprint.

Hope you have a nice visit to IL! It is a pretty area.

2011-09-17 8:17 PM
in reply to: #3668263

User image

Expert
Leicester
I did the HIM last year, a nice fast bike course (63 miles) and nice run through the park trail, but the swim was quite brutal, biggest swells/waves I've swam in. I thunk they were very close to pulling the swim.

Having said that, the water temp was ok, low 60's. The air temp out of the water was more of a problem for me, maybe mid 50's, took a long time to T1 with numb hands and took a long time to dry out on the bike.
2011-09-21 7:52 AM
in reply to: #3690399

User image

Davenport, IA
trigal38 - 2011-09-17 8:31 AM

Starting to think about it. My season ended early due to tendonitis after my HIM in June. I am just getting back to running. Bike fitness is good, swim is good enough. It will depend on the weather for me - I am a fair weather racer . I only live about 1 hour 15 min away so this would be an easy one to get to. I am thinking about the sprint.

Hope you have a nice visit to IL! It is a pretty area.

It is definitely a pretty area.   I spent 6 years living in So. IL and am looking forward to going back to race and visit friends.  Hope you're feeling good enough to race!

And I can imagine Rend Lake as having some chop...that's a big lake.  It'll be interesting, for sure. 

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Last Chance Try Rend Lake, IL Rss Feed