General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Kids back to school, who else gets to train harder? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2011-09-07 5:22 AM
in reply to: #3674289

User image

Master
Muskego, Wisconsin
Subject: RE: Kids back to school, who else gets to train harder?

Three are in school, but the baby is still with me.  She loves to be outside so running is no problem, I hit the trainer during naps, and swim when the wife gets home.

This also gives me more time to get the laundry, cleaning, and cooking done.  I always found time to train and my wife expects me to get my training done first, but with the three oldest gone I now have plenty of time to get everything done.  ( I still got everything done before, now it's just easier )

2011-09-07 7:06 AM

User image

Veteran
Nice South of France

My situation is sort of trickey, My son lives with his mother, but comes to spend half the summer with us, so I have to cut way down on my sport and appreciate the time we get to spend together. The weekends when he is with me, I get in one session and that is it. Now he is back to school and a little older at 11.5 I can feel a little pressure release knowing I can get in a few long rides at weekends or take my time with the swim/run. 

My partner looks after our daughter while I am running around trying to be a triathlete. 

@Shaun, I commiserate on your job situation , but congratulations on the new child. Take the time to enjoy the babies, they are so wonderful and grow up so fast. 

@ClimbingGonzo the original poster, maybe you have thought of this one already, but any bike is better than no bike, how about a trailer for the toddler and going really slow with the older child on his own bike? ... 

2011-09-07 8:34 AM

User image

Expert
Alexandria, MN

I have used the burley on the back of my bike, but the 4 year old gets bored real quick with anything longer than an hour.  It's also quite a funny site, a guy laid down on his aero bars looking all hardcore with a bike trailer on the back!

Luckily, the Y in town does have drop in child care (albeit with a two hour max), so I can occasionally get out for a 30-40 mile ride during that time frame.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Kids back to school, who else gets to train harder? Rss Feed  

of 2