General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bellingham Triathletes? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-09-10 6:09 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: Bellingham Triathletes?

Life threw my family a curveball and we may be moving from Bellevue up to Bellingham.  The Catch is that I will still be working in Redmond until I can find a job up there.

Is there anybody from this forum up in Bellingham?  I am just trying to figure out some resources to make the transition a little more smooth. 

I did the Lake Samish Tri a year ago.  

Shaun

2011-09-11 1:07 AM
in reply to: #3680505

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA
Subject: RE: Bellingham Triathletes?
Hi Shaun, I don't know familiar you are with Bellingham but there is a very strong, active tri community here. We are blessed with some of the best training resources including Lake Padden which is the perfect OWS place, the Arne Hanna Aquatic center for swimming when the weather cools off. There is a great Masters swim program there.

There are many paths throughout the city that give a great variety for running and lots of cycling routes in the county. The Bellingham Tri Club is very active with group swims in the summer and an occasional club event.

I could go on and on about how perfect it is around here but if you have any specific questions just let me know.
2011-09-11 11:46 AM

User image

New user
Bellingham WA

You couldn't ask for a better place to swim-bike-run, the only thing we are missing is a great tri-specific shop.

Welcome to Bellingham, you're going to love it.

2011-09-12 11:18 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran

Thanks for the replies, guys.

I know that I am probably going to enjoy it up there...it is just strange to make such a big change and not know what I really have to look forward to.  My "unwinding" here is my tri training, so it is good to know there are some good resources.

If the move happens, I will be sending you some messages  :D

2011-09-12 12:40 PM
in reply to: #3680998

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA
Fighting Hellfish - 2011-09-11 9:46 AM

You couldn't ask for a better place to swim-bike-run, the only thing we are missing is a great tri-specific shop.

Welcome to Bellingham, you're going to love it.

We had a great tri shop until last year. There have been several people looking to open another but we'll see. There is a new swim shop, Salish Swim, that just opened in Washington Divers on State Street. They sell and rent wetsuits and are looking to expand into other things over time.

I heard that Kulshan is starting to stock tri bikes on the floor and REI sells tri clothing so we do have some retail resources and probably more to come.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bellingham Triathletes? Rss Feed