Treckman Racing
45F / 7C
Sunny
Total Time = 2h 30m 15s
Overall Rank = 530/1100
Age Group = 30-39
Age Group Rank = 62/100
Pre-race routine:

Got up early and took a shower. Got dressed in my compression gear followed by a loose fitting blue and white running shirt and comfy blue shorts. Got my race number put on and my timing chip attached.
Event warmup:

Walked around, walked for about a mile up and down a small stretch of road talking to people and friends.
Run
  • 2h 30m 10s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 11m 28s  min/mile
Comments:

This was an increitable run for me, one that I enjoyed. I ran nonstop for the first five miles stopping only to get a few sipps of water. All the water stations were competive this year to there was no shortage of silly looking people at the stations. All of them were encouraging reading off runners names on their bibs as they ran by. My faviorate was the Princess Runners Stop by the Diabeties Association. By time time I got to mile seven I starting to feel tired but I kept up the pace for six minutes before stopping to walk for a minute then resume running. I was really feeling it and getting tired at mile 10 but the thought of only having 3 miles left kept me going until mile 11. By them I was very tired and took more frequent walk breaks, ran less time and ran slower. At one point I had just started walking when a lady came up behind me, took my arm and encouraged me to continue on. This I did and ran for several more minutes at a faster pace. I continued this run/walk until I had just 0.2 miles left at which point I pulled it together and rounded the corner to cross the finish line with a smile on my face. As I crossed the finish line the race announcer read off my moto, "Never give up!"
What would you do differently?:

Nothing! I thought that this was a great race, while I did not cross the finish line in the time I had orginally wanted I did managed to still have fun and finish nine minutes faster than last year.
Post race
Warm down:

Walked around with a cold wet towel provided to me collecting food at the tent. I was really not hungery. I did finish all my fluids but ate only half of what was on my plate. This took me about 30 minutes. Between sips of water and small bits of food I slowly stretched out my leg and hip muscles. I also worked on my arms and back.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Nothing really, would like to try to run a total of eight miles before considering taking a walk break.

Event comments:

While I loved this race the Dam to Dam of 2010 will most likly be my all time number one race. That being said I had a great time at the Park to Park and am looking foward to next years run.

Last updated: 2011-09-10 12:00 AM
Running
02:30:10 | 13.1 miles | 11m 28s  min/mile
Age Group: 62/100
Overall: 530/1100
Performance: Good
Course: Mostly flat, a loop course. We ran in mostly state park paved trails with some time spent up on a river levy and some residental neighborhoods. Frequent water stops were avaiable about every two miles. Water, electrolite drink and orange slices were available. Some entertainment was made available but overall I enjoyed listening to the rhythmic fall of my feet migled with the sounds of nature.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes