General Discussion Race Reports! » Lakeside Triathlon - Sprint Distance Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Lakeside Triathlon - Sprint Distance - TriathlonSprint

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Lakeside, Ontario
Canada
MultiSport Canada Inc.
7C / 45F
Overcast
Total Time = 1h 24m 59s
Overall Rank = 93/269
Age Group = F30-34
Age Group Rank = 2/28
Pre-race routine:

Got to site early, set up transition and tried to stay warm
Event warmup:

Got into wetsuit and swam a short warm up.
Swim
  • 12m 42s
  • 750 meters
  • 01m 41s / 100 meters
Comments:

Pretty good swim, started front row. There were a couple of other girls in the front row that shouldn't have been, they all started way too fast, but by the time I got to the first turn bouy I was pretty much on my own. drafted where I could. finished second in my wave :)
What would you do differently?:

Not crash last weekend? Not sure it affected my swim at all.
Transition 1
  • 01m 20s
Comments:

Not much, feet were cold. Felt like it took forever, but looks like my T1 times was 2nd fastest in my age group. Guessing a lot of people were putting on extra clothes.

nothing - just need a little more practice - maybe time to learn how to start with bikes on shoes?
Bike
  • 42m 3s
  • 20 kms
  • 28.54 km/hr
Comments:

Good ride by me. Not sure I could have gone much faster. There were a couple of places where I had to brake too much - one corner where people in front were going way slower and one downhill that was in a no passing zone (gar!!!) That was a little frustrating - I wanted to pass these two guys coming down a hill into a turn - I knew it wasn't safe to do so, but they weren't even pedalling on the downhill. I mean, really who doesn't pedal?

maybe if I had pushed a little harder I would have passed the annoying guys sooner? Also might have got me a little further ahead on the no passing zone. Who knows, I'm sure it didn't slow me down too much, maybe 10-15 seconds? Felt okay on the bike, knew I was pushing the pace for the most part, but felt strong.
Transition 2
  • 01m 1s
Comments:

Had trouble getting my bike on the rack. I guess it screwed me up more than I thought - 9th in age group on T2. oh well.

I need to practice getting my bike on the rack. I am pretty tall so my bike seat is too tall at some races to slide under the rack. have to put it on an angle, but the I have to be careful about others bikes. I'll figure it out at some point ;)
Run
  • 27m 55s
  • 5 kms
  • 05m 35s  min/km
Comments:

Not bad for where I am at right now. I used to be faster on the run. That is what Jeff wants us to work on for the next year. My feet felt like bricks for the first few km of the run because I couldn't feel them. actually looked down to make sure I was wearing my running shoes instead of my biking shoes at one point. The turn around is almsot at the top of a 0.5 km hill - not too steep, but it kind of just kept going. Coming into the last 1.5 km of the run, I started having flashy lights in my eyes. I'm guessing I probably didn have a mild concussion from my fall last week. It freaked me out a bit, so I didn't push the end of the race as hard as I could have. I was a little afraid that I might pass out on the side of the road. Ooops. Now I know why Jeff didn't want me to push it today. Finished feeling pretty strong and pushed to come in just under 1:25 (like JUST under - official time is 1:24:59.9 :D)

Not crash my bike the week before the race? I also need to lose some weight to get back to where I used to be on the run.
Post race
Warm down:

Walk around a bit. Chat with friends. Get warm clothes on. Stand in line for a burger (20 minutes!!!), wait around for the awards ceremony. Second time on the podium this year - and I don't even have to put the qualifier that is was a small race this time. I did get beat by the first place girl by almost 10 mintues though - I think all the fasties might be racing in the olympic tomorrow

What limited your ability to perform faster:

potential concussion from fall last weekend. being 20 pounds more than I want to be. Going in, I thought if all stars align 1:22 might be possible. Guess not.

Last updated: 2011-07-24 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:12:42 | 750 meters | 01m 41s / 100meters
Age Group: 2/28
Overall: 45/269
Performance: Good
Suit: ninetine riptide
Course: big loop
Start type: Wade Plus: Waves
Water temp: 19C / 66F Current: Low
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Good
Breathing: Good Drafting: Good
Waves: Navigation: Good
Rounding: Good
T1
Time: 01:20
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
No
Wetsuit stuck? No Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: No
Getting up to speed: Good
Biking
00:42:03 | 20 kms | 28.54 km/hr
Age Group: 3/28
Overall: 113/269
zone 3-zone 4 depending on whether I was climbing or not.
Wind: Some
Course: Out and back - big hill at start and finish of bike, another short steep climb around 4/15, rest mostly small rollers
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Average Cornering: Average
Gear changes: Good Hills: Average
Race pace: Hard Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 01:01
Overall: Average
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Below average
Shoe and helmet removal Good
Running
00:27:55 | 05 kms | 05m 35s  min/km
Age Group: 12/28
Overall: 159/269
high zone 4
Course: out and back on country roads. A couple of pretty big hills
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2011-09-17 2:15 PM

User image

Expert
Subject: Lakeside Triathlon - Sprint Distance
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Lakeside Triathlon - Sprint Distance Rss Feed