General Discussion Race Reports! » Texas Man and Texas Woman Sprint Triathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Texas Man and Texas Woman Sprint Triathlon - TriathlonSprint

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Irving, Texas
United States
Dallas Athletes
hotF / 0C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 54m 39s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = Fat under 40
Age Group Rank = 2/3
Pre-race routine:

MmmmmMmmmmm Boopa!!

Woke up TOO dam early in the morning. I was a heck of a lot closer to my go to bed time, than my get out of bed time. Stumbled to the car with Holly and headed to the race. Got everything out of the car and was walking out of the parking garage when I ran into Aaron. Hard to mistake with the beard & flag! On the way to transition I got a phone call from Gina wanting to know where I was. The woman had NOT SLEPT last night. She rode her bike 200 miles, then couldn't sleep! Got transition set up then hung out with Gina until it was time to start
Event warmup:

Flapping my gums
Swim
  • 10m 8s
  • 500 meters
  • 02m / 100 meters
Comments:

This is the first time I understood what people meant when the talked about "being in a washing machine". We were all treading water, and wound up bobbing around getting in each others way. This was also the first time the water was comfortable enough for me to put my face in it to start with. I still had a problem with breathing when i was supposed to. I kept adding in breaths, but I'm very happy with my time, so I'll take it. At the end of the swim you have to crawl up wooden ladders, and that kinda sucked, but it wasn't too bad
Transition 1
  • 02m 6s
Comments:

Pretty fast for me. I actually ran for a lot of it.
Bike
  • 1h 02m 1s
  • 19 miles
  • 18.38 mile/hr
Comments:

I knew I was in trouble on the bike. I was breathing hard through the first couple of miles. I just wasn't in shape for this race. The course was nice, well protected, smooth, manned, and everyone and their dog passed me. Well except for the chick on the pink bike who had it in too high of a gear, so she pedalled like she was on a gerbil wheel for 30 seconds, then coasted for 30 seconds....I was painful to watch.
What would you do differently?:

Get on my bike every once in a while
Transition 2
  • 02m 13s
Comments:

Forgot my race belt (actually Cathys race belt that I forgot to return after the 5430 and decided to use so I could get some Cathy mojo flowing), but a nice volunteer pointed it out before I got far from my TA.
Run
  • 38m 11s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 12m 17s  min/mile
Comments:

This was my favorite part....YES you are in Kristens RR...this was my favorite part because I met Misty. Misty and I kept passing each other on the bike. Then about .5mi into the run I see her again. We are both struggling. At this point we were walking, and we introduced ourselves. We wound up motivating each other for the remaining 2.5mi. First I was feeling stronger than she was...then she was stronger than me. We would do the walk/run mix and we were a perfect fit. Gina & Aaron of course were done when I still had 2 laps to go. They positioned themselves int he shade where they could see my twice per lap! They cheered for me & Misty every time we ran past (and of course we ran past them...can't disappoint the fans!!) This was the most enjoyable run I've done on a tri. Imagine that...I get to flap my gums and I enjoy it more! Huh!
Post race
Warm down:

WATER!!! Walked over to see Holly & my mom. Picked up Aaron & Gina along the way. We headed over to look at race times. Gina made 3rd in her AG and Aaron made *1st* in his! Gina and I packed up and dropped off our stuff at the cars. We walked back for the awards ceremony and looked at the results again, and just for shits & giggles I looked up mine and Gina tells me *drumroll* I'm THIRD in AG!!!! Yeha baby. Kristen's getting hardware. See this is when it PAYS to be a big girl! Well the overall Athena was in my age range too, so I wound up taking home 2nd in the "Fat under Fourty" category.

Event comments:

The funniest part of the day was when the announcer was starting the race, he couldn't see the lake. He had told the first wave to get in the water, then started counting down. Well none of the guys got in the water. They were all huddled up on the shore. Everyone was shouting for them to get in the water...but I dunno, I guess they were addle-brained. The announcer was hilarious. He kept saying "What th...can I cuss on this thing" "This is the first race I've started when nobody started", then he apoligized to all the women *grin*

This race was great because I got to hang out with Gina, meet Aaron & Misty (who btw I exchanged numbers with and we're gonna get together to go run soon). Holly & Mom were there. The water was nice. The bike was smooth. The run was entertaining and I GOT HARDWARE.

Last updated: 2005-09-18 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:10:08 | 500 meters | 02m / 100meters
Age Group: 0/3
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Suit: no
Course: Clockwise U
Start type: Wade Plus: Waves
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current: Low
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 02:06
Performance:
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
01:02:01 | 19 miles | 18.38 mile/hr
Performance: Below average
Wind: Some
Course: Sweet Sweet concrete! Some false flats, and an overpass
Road: Smooth  Cadence:
Turns: Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Hills: Below average
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 02:13
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:38:11 | 03.11 miles | 12m 17s  min/mile
Performance: Below average
Course: *3* yes I said three loops.
Keeping cool Below average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2005-09-18 4:44 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Fort Worth, TX
Subject: Texas Man and Texas Woman Sprint Triathlon

2005-09-18 4:52 PM
in reply to: #248762

User image

Champion
Evergreen, Colorado
Subject: RE: Texas Man and Texas Woman Sprint Triathlon

AWESOME job, K!  Congrats on hardware!

You did GREAT!  And I'm glad you had fun!

I agree...mmmmm...boopa.

2005-09-18 4:58 PM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2005-09-18 5:05 PM

The Original
Raleigh/Durham
Great race- way to collect a present at the end of the race!  I loved the comment about the chick in the pink riding in a gear that she looked like a gerbil running on a wheel- lol!
2005-09-18 5:32 PM

Champion
Williamston, Michigan
Nice Job Kristin congrats on second place
2005-09-18 7:59 PM

Expert
wrightsville beach, North Carolina
GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!   oh, you got me smiling here for you!!!!

LOL...."This thread useless without pics" 

enjoy and smile, you deserve it

2005-09-20 12:33 PM

Elite
Tucson, AZ
Woohoo!  Hardware!  Great job in the race!  Sounds like you had a blast. 
2005-09-20 5:02 PM

Extreme Veteran
Winnipegosis
Told you that you were ready! Silver medalist! Way to go, Angel.
2005-09-25 7:49 AM

Frugal Gear Geek
having fun with the kids
Nice job kid. You must have been ready for the race, you took home hardware, made a new friend (a tri friend the best kind) and knew enough to feel sorry for the gerbel as you passed her. Keep on movin. Next season is comming, and lord knows, there may be more races with your name on them just waiting for you to show up to and take hardware. BTW have you busted Welshys chops about hardware yet?
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Texas Man and Texas Woman Sprint Triathlon Rss Feed