General Discussion Triathlon Talk » 10 feet tall and bulletproof Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2011-09-22 3:24 PM
in reply to: #3695423

Subject: RE: 10 feet tall and bulletproof

I was at a restaurant with my mother once, and after placing her order with the waiter she turned to us and triumphantly said "did you hear that?? That young man just said I was a lovely lady!"

"Um, mom..." I hesitantly replied, "He was asking you if you wanted gravy."

I'm just sayin'... Wink

2011-09-22 3:29 PM

User image

Veteran
horseheads

PS- I just wrote that and after reading it I realized I discovered another "You might be a triathlete if..."

You might be a triathlete if you get hit on by pretty girls and you try to think of a way to use that to make you faster in a race.    

in reality i have had this theory for a little while.  i try to run it by my wife, but she says no.  

having a mistress increases a married man's naturally found testosterone levels.  enhancing recovery time as well as increasing sex drive and cockiness. 

she says if i find a girl friend that will do the dishes and watch the kids......... but those are hard to come by.

2011-09-22 4:00 PM

User image

Bountiful UTAH
My wife passes me on her way to work while I am running in the morning. She ALWAYS rolls down the window and yells out some sort of cat call. The other morning I got the same kind of advance but when I turned to look it wasn't my wife.... I feel your pride OP. I just wish I could have ran faster to tell that woman thanks for the boost!
2011-09-23 11:15 AM
in reply to: #3696896

User image

El Paso, TX
Kmarion - 2011-09-22 2:24 PM

I was at a restaurant with my mother once, and after placing her order with the waiter she turned to us and triumphantly said "did you hear that?? That young man just said I was a lovely lady!"

"Um, mom..." I hesitantly replied, "He was asking you if you wanted gravy."

I'm just sayin'... Wink 

HAHAHAHAHA !!!

TOO FUNNY!!!!!

2011-09-23 6:25 PM

User image

Veteran
Carolina Beach
KMarion, why are you a dream crusher!?!?  Let me have my few seconds of glory!  That could have been my last shot and now it's all downhill to the grave.  Damn you!!! 
2011-09-23 6:41 PM

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member

Yep, tri-guys in general are a nice-looking bunch. Saying this from my perspective as a long-time runner (since before I even cared what the boys looked like)!  Runners (me included) tend to look a bit underfed, esp. the FOP's. Not that they can't be attractive and wonderful people, but often not the standard type to turn heads in parking lots. To me, sleek and fast is sexy but maybe not to the general populace!

It sure makes my races more enjoyable--I spend a lot of time looking at fit men's backsides and chasing them. (Races in Asia are often 80-90% male; I'm a good swimmer and runner and crap biker, so my races consist of watching men pass me on the bike, and then chasing them down on the run.) Someone commented when I went to the podium in my last race "She doesn't look 40." (Actually  42--very young-looking though not particularly "hot"), and I started noticing that EVERYONE who got on that podium looked very young for their age. Most were pretty good-looking people, too.  This started with the 30 somethings and went all the way up to the 69-year-old geezer who bounded up there in a Hawaiian shirt looking not a day over 50.  Wondering if people with "young" genes self-select for this sport (in my case, maybe true; my athletic but non-triathlete mom is 74 but passes for a 50-something) or it just keeps people hot!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » 10 feet tall and bulletproof Rss Feed  

of 2