General Discussion Triathlon Talk » First IM first DNF Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2014-09-25 6:08 PM
in reply to: #3699398

Subject: RE: First IM first DNF
Sorry to hear- like everyone else is saying, get back out there and enjoy the journey

2014-09-25 6:14 PM
in reply to: mchughmtsinai

User image

Pro

The "related threads" deal is pretty crazy....this poor soul can't live the DNF down three years later.

2014-09-25 9:47 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Yes but their profile shows 1 ironman completed so it's a success story!
2014-09-25 9:54 PM
in reply to: ChrisM

User image

Melon Presser

Originally posted by ChrisM

I'm with you bro, I DNF'd my first on the swim due to just crazy circumstance.  I was taken back to T1 by ambulance, which was fun.  I was devastated for quite a while, but decided to go back again, finished the race 7 months later.  My friend said that the race itself is almost more where you spend all that emotion you've been dealing with in training, rather than physical.

Signing up, doing all the training and getting to the start line is what IM is all about.  The journey, not the destination.  And it's not over.

Good luck

There's no way to un-suck this particular DNF. Equipment failure is a beast and it's happened to me. Yup times a gazillion to the above and what others shared ...

Got through most of the training for first three iron races, then couldn't go due to circumstances.

DNFed my first FOUR IMs that I got to the starting line for (and most of the bike for all of them, 32km into the run for one of them)

BECAME AN IRONMAN on my EIGHTH try.

Will toe the line for IM Malaysia tomorrow with no expectation of finishing--life happened, again--but I love the training when I can do it, the lifestyle and camaraderie, and I will have a blast for as far as I can get.

Take care, and get back in the saddle when you can. {MELON PRESS}

2014-09-25 10:18 PM
in reply to: IndoIronYanti

User image

New user
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by IndoIronYanti

I'm with you bro, I DNF'd my first on the swim due to just crazy circumstance.  I was taken back to T1 by ambulance, which was fun.  I was devastated for quite a while, but decided to go back again, finished the race 7 months later.  My friend said that the race itself is almost more where you spend all that emotion you've been dealing with in training, rather than physical.

Signing up, doing all the training and getting to the start line is what IM is all about.  The journey, not the destination.  And it's not over.

Good luck

There's no way to un-suck this particular DNF. Equipment failure is a beast and it's happened to me. Yup times a gazillion to the above and what others shared ...

Got through most of the training for first three iron races, then couldn't go due to circumstances.

DNFed my first FOUR IMs that I got to the starting line for (and most of the bike for all of them, 32km into the run for one of them)

Will toe the line for IM Malaysia tomorrow with no expectation of finishing--life happened, again--but I love the training when I can do it, the lifestyle and camaraderie, and I will have a blast for as far as I can get.

Good luck tomorrow!!!!

2014-09-26 12:28 AM
in reply to: trijamie

User image

Melon Presser

Originally posted by trijamie

Originally posted by IndoIronYanti

Good luck

Good luck tomorrow!!!!

Thank you! I think about you often, especially when I'm swimming, and I'll be thinking of you tomorrow too!

2014-09-26 6:36 AM
in reply to: IndoIronYanti

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
Go Yanti! I won't complain tomorrow about running 15 miles in the heat. That's small potatoes compared to an IM. Rumors of a HIM in Vietnam next spring--keep in touch!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » First IM first DNF Rss Feed  

of 2