General Discussion Triathlon Talk » sucky ride Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-10-01 10:13 PM

User image

Bountiful UTAH
Subject: sucky ride
So I went for a ride this morning. It was suppose to be my speed workout. I went down to the legacy parkway trail. I started out with my warm up and realized I was going 19+mph I though I was finally getting into the zone. I turned it up and was averaging 28mph for 3 whole miles. I thought I was crushing my ride. Made it to my turn around point clicked the lap button and started back the way I came. In a matter of minutes I looked down and saw I was now traveling at 15mph.... I was NOT in the zone I had probably a 8 to 10mph tail wind that I was now fighting back to my truck. Oh well, still averaged well for both legs but not the sexy 24.9 that I had averaged for the first 1/2.

Just thought I would share that with you all :-)

2011-10-02 11:31 AM
in reply to: #3707887

User image

Logan Ut
Subject: RE: sucky ride
I had one too.  I was going out to the In-laws and my kids wanted to go as well.  so i had to take them.  trailer was hocked up to the MTB not the RB and so my time and mph sucked going out there.  Had my wife bring the RB on the car and rode it home hd a better time and mph.   I  learned from this that some days you get a great ride and others you get a sucky one but get out and ride and it all makes it better.
2011-10-02 5:58 PM
in reply to: #3707887

User image

Bountiful UTAH
Subject: RE: sucky ride
agree. The wife and I did the exact same ride today with the exact wind. A bit of s slower pace since I have learned through sad experience when I ride with her I RIDE WITH HER. :-) I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed sometimes....(most of the time)
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » sucky ride Rss Feed