General Discussion Race Reports! » Rock 'n' Roll San Jose Half Marathon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Rock 'n' Roll San Jose Half Marathon - RunHalf Marathon

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
San Jose, California
United States
Competitor Group, Inc.
Total Time = 2h 26m 58s
Overall Rank = 6038/
Age Group = 40-44
Age Group Rank = 591/
Run
  • 2h 26m 58s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 11m 13s  min/mile
Comments:

I had started to train for this event early in the summer...bought the registration and then started building a set for Wait Until Dark. I became consumed with the set build and stopped my training...I was very unprepared and uninspired to run this race. So, on race day, my goal was to just run slow and have a good time. Like always, I went out too fast, and at mile 3 was thinking, "I am not going to make it 10 more miles". But I slowed down, and found a nice pace for me. My plan was to run 6 miles, then start alternating between running and walking. I actually made it to mile 8, before I felt the need to walk a little. This is definitely the slowest I have ever ran a 1/2...but I had a good time and am proud of my effort yesterday, considering the lack of training. I have pulled out of a design job for next summer, so I can concentrate on running next year. I am designing a show in early 2012, and then I am taking a break from all theatre.

What would you do differently?:

Train
Post race
What limited your ability to perform faster:

Me!

Last updated: 2011-07-15 12:00 AM
Running
02:26:58 | 13.1 miles | 11m 13s  min/mile
Age Group: 591/
Overall: 6038/
Performance: Below average
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2011-10-03 11:15 AM

User image

Elite
San Jose, CA
Subject: Rock 'n' Roll San Jose Half Marathon
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Rock 'n' Roll San Jose Half Marathon Rss Feed