Get Bold Events
57F / 14C
Overcast
Total Time = 2h 09m 38s
Overall Rank = 134/259
Age Group = 40-49
Age Group Rank = 16/23
Pre-race routine:

Drove up to Battle Ground early. Met up with some friends that were doing the half and the 10k. Sipped water. Ate some Shot Bloks.
Event warmup:

Lots of slow stretching and a great "keeping warm" pose.
Run
  • 2h 09m 38s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 09m 54s  min/mile
Comments:

Pretty happy with the run. It's actually the longest I've ever run without a short walk in the middle! I am always quick to announce I'm a slow, crappy runner but I am pleased with my time with regard to the half we ran two weeks ago. This run was more demanding with the rolling terrain and I took 7 or 8 minutes off that time.
What would you do differently?:

Training has been spotty the past two weeks. I need to keep the schedule that we laid out.
Post race
Warm down:

More slow stretching and more water.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Nothing, really. The sporatic training probably added a few minutes to my time.

Event comments:

The post race was a mini disaster. Wood-fired pizza and local wine were promised (a winery was hosting the event) and the food/wine line took no less than 75 minutes. Two tortilla chip-sized slices of pizza and a 2oz sample of pinot noir were not worth the wait. This was the inaugural edition of the race so it had a few hiccups and I expect with their feedback that they'll get this all sorted out for next year. We would like to return to run it as it benefits a terrific childrens hospital in Portland. The commemorative wine glasses were a nice touch. The finishers medals were appreciated, too! There was also some really cute little kids putting on some dancing on a small outdoor stage and some live music after that. I still had a good time despite the food/wine fiasco and would consider going there again in 2012.

Last updated: 2011-09-13 12:00 AM
Running
02:09:38 | 13.1 miles | 09m 54s  min/mile
Age Group: 16/23
Overall: 134/259
Performance: Good
Course: Country roads and a very undulating course. Ran through a couple of small vineyards. Basically a looped, out-and-back. Roads were in pretty good condition but being forced to run mainly on the shoulder lead to some mildly painful, off-camber running.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %n/a
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes