General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Swim Coach or Masters Program NW Chicago Suburbs Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-10-05 12:44 PM

New user

Subject: Swim Coach or Masters Program NW Chicago Suburbs
Hi,

Does anyone have a swim coach or Masters Program in the NE Chicago Suburbs that they would recommend? I am looking more for swim stroke/technique refinement than pounding out endless laps.

Goal here is figuring out how not to be injured swimming (some recurrent shoulder/rc cuff injuries) and train for some longer swim only open water events (5K and up).

Also, does anyone have a good swim focused strength training book they would recommend?

Thom

2011-11-20 10:01 AM
in reply to: #3712476

User image

Veteran
Aurora, Illinois
Subject: RE: Swim Coach or Masters Program NW Chicago Suburbs

Hi Tom!

Shoot me an e-mail and I can send you some workouts that will help strengthen your shoulders & core, good for swimming. 

Just moved back to the area so not too familiar with the coach availability up there, sorry!

2012-01-02 1:42 PM

User image

Crystal lake

Thom-

Any luck finding a Swim Coach? I am just entering the S/B/R world and need a swim coach as well. I am also in the NW suburbs of Chicago.

Clark

2012-01-02 1:43 PM

User image

Crystal lake

Thom-

Any luck finding a Swim Coach? I am just entering the S/B/R world and need a swim coach as well. I am also in the NW suburbs of Chicago.

Clark

2012-01-25 1:14 PM

Veteran
Lake Zurich IL
You can try looking at Barrington Area Masters swim team. My wife has been a member for several years and she loves it.

you can send an email to Chad Manbeck [email protected]
2012-02-08 10:45 AM

Buehler YMCA in Palatine has both a Masters program and a triathlon club that offers swim clinics and group workouts.  Masters workouts are in the mornings on Tuesdays, Saturdays, and Sundays. The Ytri club has group workouts Friday evenings and sometimes on Sundays too.

buehlerytri.org

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Swim Coach or Masters Program NW Chicago Suburbs Rss Feed