Youth Vision International
70F / 21C
Sunny
Total Time = 34m 30s
Overall Rank = 0/
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Got to the race way too early, guess I was thinking about setting up transitions or something

First event in about 13-14 months...
Event warmup:

Walked around a bit, a couple of lunges...
Run
  • 34m 30s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 11m 05s  min/mile
Comments:

So my plan was to start ez'ish - 12:00min mile and then start to bring it down to 11:00 for second mile and 10:00 for the final.

All I can say is that I probably ended up with the reverse of that plan... I blame that 5 year old girl that was behind me. I could hear those little flat feet pounding the pavement with every step. Ego stepped in to push me faster so that she wouldn't pass me. She stalked me for a good quarter mile before she got back in her jogging stroller - then she and her dad left me in the dust...

Unfortunately my pace was messed up which caused me to over-rev on the hills and walk up some of them. I am not good at purposefully slowing down once I get moving. At about 2.5 miles I started looking to see where the finish line was, but there was no sign of it. I stopped when the Garmin hit 3.11 miles and then walked another mile to the finish - apparently they got the distance wrong. Oh well.
What would you do differently?:

Run to plan.
Post race
Warm down:

Walked the remainder of the course...

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Lack of consistent training, 5 year old little girls gettin' in my head and messin' with it...

Event comments:

The least organized and smallest event I have every done. At least it was for a good cause... Course was long by what I estimate as a mile or slightly more...

Last updated: 2011-10-05 12:00 AM
Running
00:34:30 | 03.11 miles | 11m 05s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Average
Course: Semi hilly course around Mitch Park in Edmond on hike/bike trails Great place to run!
Keeping cool Good Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? No
Events on-time? No
Lots of volunteers? Yes