General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Tri4Him - AZ Chapter Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-10-21 10:22 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Scottsdale
Subject: Tri4Him - AZ Chapter

Fellow AZ BTers,

I wanted to invite anyone (and everyone) interested to be a part of what will start as an informal local 'chapter' of Tri4Him.  I found Tri4Him earlier this year, and was excited to come across an organization that combines a deep love for the sport of Triathlon with faith and belief.

Does this mean a bunch of bible-thumping, handing out flowers, and screaming "You are saved!" at upcoming events?  No, absolutely not.  I look at the group as a way for triathletes to train together, talk and be motivating factors for each other.  Not unlike most other triathlon groups.

Tri4Him, the organization, has a website http://www.tri4him.com,and there are formal chapters in a number of locations across the country.  For now, AZ can start as an informal group, and we can see where things go from there.

Please understand this is in no way an attempt to have athletes resign or quit their current teams or organizations - it is just a gathering of triathletes interested in sharing their training and other interests.

I have never formed a group like this before, so we are starting very small, but if you are interested, please feel free to peruse the organization's website, and look for me at many of the local triathlons, where on most occasions I will be wearing Tri4Him gear during the race.

This Sunday I will be part of ONE Multisport's volunteer team (wearing the ONE colors) at SOMA, but will likely have a Tri4Him cap or visor on.  If you are interested in training or being part of this small group, please feel free to email me at [email protected].

2012-01-26 3:07 PM
in reply to: #3734035

User image

Subject: RE: Tri4Him - AZ Chapter

I am a new Tri4Him member in california interested in starting a local group as well.  I wanted to see how your efforts were going forming an AZ community were going.  I also wanted to see if I could "steal" your wording here so I can post in the california forum?

Andy

AGE Team Tri4Him

2012-01-27 8:46 AM
in reply to: #4012915

User image

Extreme Veteran
Scottsdale
Subject: RE: Tri4Him - AZ Chapter
Boski - 2012-01-26 3:07 PM

I am a new Tri4Him member in california interested in starting a local group as well.  I wanted to see how your efforts were going forming an AZ community were going.  I also wanted to see if I could "steal" your wording here so I can post in the california forum?

Andy

AGE Team Tri4Him

Andy,

Feel free to "steal away" anything you find useful!  As for the AZ efforts, it is going a bit slow, for no other reason than my available time to coordinate and get team gatherings, group rides, etc.

We have some local interest here, so things will grow and develop as the months pass, but I am going to try not to push or rush things beyond how they can grow organically.

Patrick

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Tri4Him - AZ Chapter Rss Feed