Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Xbox Kinnect for kids Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
2011-10-22 3:19 PM

Subject: Xbox Kinnect for kids
With winter fast aproaching and the days getting shorter I'm starting to realize it may be a long winter for the 5 year old. I'm thinking about getting the Xbox with Kinnect. Of course I've been one of those people who have said I would never let my kid play video games. But it does sound like the Wii / Kinnect type games provide some physical activity.

I'm really struggling with this. We are a very active family. In the summer we are outside pretty much non-stop. Even in the winter I get him out sledding, snow shoeing or just playing in the snow. But on those really nasty days when it's dark at 4:30pm it would be nice to have a way to burn energy.

I guess I'm looking for input on people's experience with the game consoles. Any rules you apply to the kids? I'm thinking a good rule would be putting it away when daylight saving time starts. Only X number of hours per day etc. Any other suggestions?

Z
2011-10-22 3:31 PM
in reply to: #3734376

User image

Master
Reston, VA
Gold member
Subject: RE: Xbox Kinnect for kids
the console is perfect for the entire family. we had it for a yearnow and im not sure what we would do without it at winter.
2011-10-24 3:19 AM

User image

Regular
Essex, England
the kinnect is superb for kids. my 4 and 6 year olds can work their way through the onscreen menus with no help and the konnect sports is great for getting them jumping around. they both end up sweating and exhausted long before they get bored of playing. I sold the wii to get the Konnect and would never go back to a wii now.
2011-10-24 10:39 AM

User image

Regular
Nashville
My 5-year old and me love ours. It does get you moving and is quite a workout depending on what games you have. We don't have to really limit him since he only wants to play a couple of hours each week. 
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Xbox Kinnect for kids Rss Feed