General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Katy Triathlon at Firethorne : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-10-24 9:34 PM

User image

Veteran
Austin
Subject: Katy Triathlon at Firethorne : Official Thread
has anyone heard anything from the coordinators? the race is less than a week out and nothing has been updated :/

2011-10-24 10:24 PM
in reply to: #3736750

User image

Houston
Subject: RE: Katy Triathlon at Firethorne : Official Thread
I was wondering the same thing myself.
2011-10-25 9:52 AM

Regular
Houston
What needs to be updated?  Get there a little before 0530 and follow the person in front of you.  That is unless you are going to win.  Since I am not, that is my plan.
2011-10-29 10:54 AM
in reply to: #3737200

User image

Extreme Veteran
Houston

iluv83vettes - 2011-10-25 9:52 AM What needs to be updated?  Get there a little before 0530 and follow the person in front of you. 

...wow! how long did it take you to think of that?...that's 30sec of your life you'll never get back

...to the OP and the first reply...i havent heard anything either..

...to 83vette....when a race is approaching...sometimes there are updates on the site like...if its going to be wesuit legal, if the swim course is changing(due to the drought)..which is happening to a few races this year, if there are changes to the run or bike course....just to name a few...

Good Luck to everyone! see y'all out there!

Jb

2011-10-29 3:40 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Houston
Last i heard it is wetsuit legal and the run course is different from last year.......The updated course changes are on the website......Jb
2011-10-30 9:08 PM

User image

Veteran
The Woodlands, TX
The info they handed out in the race packets said a 10-minute walk from parking to transition. Those guys in the Rotary Club must be some fast walkers. Took us close to 40-minutes. I saw quite a few people still trying to get into transition when the first swim wave was going off. Other than that, it was a pretty nice event!

2011-10-31 10:41 AM
in reply to: #3744798

x2 on the walk. And what a trudge back after the race was finished.

Did everyone get their times?  I am not on the results page and I wasn't one of the numbers being called after the finish to check in...hope they find me somewhere.

I thought the course was great. I didn't wear a wetsuit, so I thought I was going to be freezing during the swim.  Surprisingly, I was just fine.  Hope to do this even again next year.

2011-10-31 10:01 PM

User image

Houston
This was my second year to do this race as Firethorne. The race course was even better to me because of the run change. This was however my first race in this temp. I wore a wetsuit and really thought about not wearing it because I didn't want to waste anytime getting it off. The strippers were great. I did not wear anything else warmer than what I had on underneath for the rest of the race. I do know that coming into the bike dismount my feet were numb so it took me longer to dismount and actually got rear ended eventhough I moved to the right trying to dismount. Not a discouraging moment there but until I realized in T2 I couldn't feel my fingers to get my helmet off was bad. I slipped it over my head after some time trying to fumble with the clip. Then trying to tie my run shoes was ridiculous. I couldn't even feel my fingers and it felt like forever to get them double knotted. I have shoes that I could have slipped on but haven't since Kemah and have done well in T2 with just tying. Dang 3 minutes in T2 cost me alot. I just didn't want to mess with anymore than I would have normally done and it showed in my time. But hey, it beat the heck of out running in a hotter temp. It was a great race overall for me because eventhough I did not place where I wanted I was 4 minutes better than last year! Hope everyone had a great race!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Katy Triathlon at Firethorne : Official Thread Rss Feed