General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Help me develop HIM training schedule Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2011-10-27 6:07 AM
in reply to: #3738029

User image

New Haven, CT
Subject: RE: Help me develop HIM training schedule
Showtime32 - 2011-10-25 7:14 PM

I haven't really been able to find any training plans that cater to someone who has the time to train 20-25hrs/week and can specifically focus on swimming/cycling. Any suggestions and/or links?

I suppose in hindsight it is pretty foolishly ambitious to expect to place top 7 in an HIM such as Oceanside. Nevertheless I am still seeking assistance on developing a schedule that will push me to my limits - not just "finishing" the race but knowing that from Nov 1st - race day I pushed myself to the max. 

Get a coach - you may want to check out qt2, they love putting together very high volume plans. Remember, it's not how much you can train as much as how much training you can absorb. You can't go from 10/HR week to 20 right away. You need to build up and adapt your body to the volume.

2011-10-27 6:17 AM
in reply to: #3739993

User image

Pro
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
jsklarz - 2011-10-27 7:07 AM
Showtime32 - 2011-10-25 7:14 PM

I haven't really been able to find any training plans that cater to someone who has the time to train 20-25hrs/week and can specifically focus on swimming/cycling. Any suggestions and/or links?

I suppose in hindsight it is pretty foolishly ambitious to expect to place top 7 in an HIM such as Oceanside. Nevertheless I am still seeking assistance on developing a schedule that will push me to my limits - not just "finishing" the race but knowing that from Nov 1st - race day I pushed myself to the max. 

Get a coach - you may want to check out qt2, they love putting together very high volume plans. Remember, it's not how much you can train as much as how much training you can absorb. You can't go from 10/HR week to 20 right away. You need to build up and adapt your body to the volume.
x2. The number of hours your schedule allows you to train is irrelevant if you don't already have the fitness to utilize those hours effectively.
2011-10-27 2:39 PM
in reply to: #3737981

User image

Veteran

^^^^^ True for me!

If I had 20 hrs/ wk to train I would train 10 or so and sleep an extra 10!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Help me develop HIM training schedule Rss Feed  

of 2