General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Infinit Nutrition Scoop size Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-10-30 11:16 AM

User image

Expert
, North Carolina
Subject: Infinit Nutrition Scoop size

I just received my order of Infinite that is identical to my previous order:  Serving size is 2 scoops, 52.38 grams, 196 calories. 

The order I just received has a different size scoop!  How can I know if I'm getting the right number of calories with TWO DIFFERENT sized scoops/same formula? 

I cannot find a Customer Service phone number on the infinit site and the form to send a question keeps erroring when I try to send it!

I will try tomorrow morning (Monday), but I am packing for Ironman Florida and need to know if my formula/serving size is correct!!!

2011-10-30 11:47 AM
in reply to: #3744282

Subject: RE: Infinit Nutrition Scoop size
I received a new bag of infinite recently as well.  Mine came with a note addressing this.  Something about the batch being more concentrated so they adjusted the scoop size.  Mix your formula as usual.  They also said that is why it is so important to use the scoop provided.
2011-10-31 9:55 AM

User image

The Natti
Hi, sometimes when we get different pallets of maltodextrine they can vary in density. Some batches are "fluffier" than others. This increases the volume of the serving. We weigh the order to insure that the scoop is correct and weighs out. The volume of the scoop may change a little, but the weight (calories, electrolyte etc) will be the same.

Hope that helps. ANY questions, feel free to PM me. It is a common confusion.
2011-10-31 10:55 AM
in reply to: #3745341

User image

Expert
, North Carolina

infinIT 1 - 2011-10-31 10:55 AM Hi, sometimes when we get different pallets of maltodextrine they can vary in density. Some batches are "fluffier" than others. This increases the volume of the serving. We weigh the order to insure that the scoop is correct and weighs out. The volume of the scoop may change a little, but the weight (calories, electrolyte etc) will be the same. Hope that helps. ANY questions, feel free to PM me. It is a common confusion.

Thank you both for the replies! 

I got pretty freaked out because this is the ONE TIME I truly need my calorie intake to be precise!

My training partner said he received a note card in his last batch too.  Mine did not have a card, but I'm glad to know it is correct.

Also, Michael - Tell the folks at Infinit... thank you, thank you, thank you for the MUD!!!  It is the answer to my prayers.  When I get up at 3:45 a.m. to work out, all I can think about is a cup of coffee.  There isn't much time to eat/digest with mornings being such a rush to work out then get ready for work.  I put a scoop of Mud right in my cup of coffee and I'm good to go!  LOVE IT!

My teammates and I swear by our custom Infinit formulas.  I can honestly say, I have NEVER gotten a cramp in training or racing.  I never use what is on the course because I ONLY want my Infinit! 

I am counting on it to get me through IMFL.

2011-10-31 11:34 AM
in reply to: #3745468

User image

The Natti
Maria527 - 2011-10-31 10:55 AM

infinIT 1 - 2011-10-31 10:55 AM Hi, sometimes when we get different pallets of maltodextrine they can vary in density. Some batches are "fluffier" than others. This increases the volume of the serving. We weigh the order to insure that the scoop is correct and weighs out. The volume of the scoop may change a little, but the weight (calories, electrolyte etc) will be the same. Hope that helps. ANY questions, feel free to PM me. It is a common confusion.

Thank you both for the replies! 

I got pretty freaked out because this is the ONE TIME I truly need my calorie intake to be precise!

My training partner said he received a note card in his last batch too.  Mine did not have a card, but I'm glad to know it is correct.

Also, Michael - Tell the folks at Infinit... thank you, thank you, thank you for the MUD!!!  It is the answer to my prayers.  When I get up at 3:45 a.m. to work out, all I can think about is a cup of coffee.  There isn't much time to eat/digest with mornings being such a rush to work out then get ready for work.  I put a scoop of Mud right in my cup of coffee and I'm good to go!  LOVE IT!

My teammates and I swear by our custom Infinit formulas.  I can honestly say, I have NEVER gotten a cramp in training or racing.  I never use what is on the course because I ONLY want my Infinit! 

I am counting on it to get me through IMFL.

That's awesome Maria. I created the MUD and it is probably the best thing I have done to date. It is almost decadent.

You will do great. Just remember not to do too much on the nutrition side. The one mistake I see all the time is AG'ers thinking they need to pack in the calories. Most of the time you do better with less. K?

Let us know how it goes but we will all be rooting for you.

All the best,

Team INFINIT
2011-11-02 9:39 PM

Iron Donkey
, Wisconsin
Still LOF my InfinIT.  Just saying.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Infinit Nutrition Scoop size Rss Feed