Orlando, Florida
United States
Premier Event Management, LLC
Total Time = 2h 55m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

4 beers the night before while camping. Race morning, got up and had 3 frozen waffles with syrop, 1 yogurt, 1 banana and 24oz of accelerade.
Event warmup:

none
Swim
  • 40m
  • 1640 yards
  • 02m 26s / 100 yards
What would you do differently?:

Got to get back in the water and resume my swimming. I hate it so much.. yet need it so bad...
Transition 1
  • 00m
Comments:

I need to start improving my T1 times. Have been taking it too easy and never made a real effort to improve on it.

Do away with the socks, gloves, cleaning feet.. etc.. Need to go for a basic transition... out of the water, on to the bike and off!
Bike
  • 1h 18m
  • 24.85 miles
  • 19.12 mile/hr
Comments:

I probably drank too much as preparation for the run (it was getting pretty hot) The bike felt fast and the support staff, mostly from the sherrif's office, did an excellent job at securing all the intersections and monitoring the course.

Get the bike a tune up prior to the race. Had too many mechanical (missing shifts) problems.
Transition 2
  • 00m
Comments:

Just like with T1.. need to stop taking a vacation while in transition.

Better prepare my equipment for T2. Buy those elastic shoe laces to save about 10 secs. Get hydrated before getting off the bike and not wait until I've changed into running gear.
Run
  • 55m
  • 6.21 miles
  • 08m 52s  min/mile
Comments:

Run went uneventfull. I had planned to enjoy this run and not make it an "all out effort", and that is exactly what I did. Enjoyed every stride by saluting the cast members and motivating all of those TNT purple aliens on the course. Those guys have a lot of determination and I greatly admire their courage. The second lap really gave me a chance to spend time with many of the competitors that were just starting the run.

Not a thing.
Post race
What limited your ability to perform faster:

This was my first SOLO race. I didn't have any of my fellow friends with whom I normally participate with. It felt kind of weird and I was missing my regular enthusiasm. It didn't help that the pre-race expo and events were pretty lame.

Event comments:

Extremely dissapointed with this event. I've done many of WDW events, and this is the first time I see an event downgrade in quality. The swim start staging sucked, and if that wasn't enough, there was not even a finish line! Only the timing pad on the floor and a few scattered flags around. I really don't want to bash the event as I believe in constructive criticism, but this time the event producers failed in creating the "right" atmosphere before and after the race. Check-in, and check-in events were dull, the Expo left a lot to be desired (unlike the one two years ago when it was managed by SommerSports)

As usual, volunteers saved the day. Those guys and gals always give their 150%. Many of them worked all the way from early Friday morning, all through the end of the event Sunday afternoon. They just needed better directions on what to do and how to do it, instead of general instructions.

Other than that, really enjoy the race, and more importantly, the people I met there.

Last updated: 2005-09-27 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:40:00 | 1640 yards | 02m 26s / 100yards
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Average
Suit:
Course: The water was warm and dark. Usually you are not allowed to swim at this lake, but for some reason it is allowed for the triathlon. Too many fumes from the support boats contaminated the air, plus you could taste some of the fuel in the water. I hadn't swam for over 8 weeks, so I wasn't to dissapointed with my time at first.. later I heard the swim was a little longer (about 200-300mtr longer) than the official distance. If that was the case, then I'm REALLY happy with my swim time.
Start type: Run Plus: Waves
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Average Remainder: Below average
Breathing: Good Drafting: Below average
Waves: Navigation: Average
Rounding: Good
T1
Time: 00:00
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
01:18:00 | 24.85 miles | 19.12 mile/hr
Performance:
Wind: Headwind with gusts
Course: Was supposed to be flat, but it did have a fair amount of small hills. Now, how do you explain having a headwind all throughout a round bike course? My bike computer registered 26.55 miles. Another rider wearing a GPS had registered 26.95. If that was the case, then I averaged over 21.5mph, which is really good for me.
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence: 87
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks: Too much
T2
Time: 00:00
Overall: Average
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:55:00 | 06.21 miles | 08m 52s  min/mile
Course: Mostly flat. Two laps around EPCOT center. Very pistoresque
Keeping cool Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? No
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Bad
Race evaluation [1-5] 3

{postbutton}
2005-09-27 7:39 PM

User image

Subject: Walt Disney World Triathlon

2005-09-28 6:43 AM
in reply to: #254899

User image

Champion
MA
Subject: RE: Walt Disney World Triathlon

Nice Race!!

I hope the RD asks for and listens to constructive comments.

Sounds like the swim and bike were long....makes your times even faster. You did great on the swim for not doing it for 8 weeks!

Flying on the bike!

Great job.

2005-09-28 10:01 AM
in reply to: #254899

User image

Elite
Subject: RE: Walt Disney World Triathlon

Great race...but four beers the night before?  Jeesh!

I had a few friends participate in this event, all of them with TNT.  Anxious to hear how it went for them.

-Michael

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Walt Disney World Triathlon Rss Feed