General Discussion Race Reports! » Daniel Webster Council's 2nd Annual Good Turn for Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Daniel Webster Council's 2nd Annual Good Turn for - Run

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Manchester, New Hampshire
United States
Boy Scouts of America, Manchester Monarchs
50F / 10C
Sunny
Total Time = 00m
Overall Rank = 70?/110
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Run
  • 26m 20s
  • 3.12 miles
  • 08m 26s  min/mile
Post race
Event comments:

This was a nice flat course. Only about 100 runners or so showed up but these runners were fast. About 30 seconds into the race, most of the pack was moving away from me. I think the average time was between 22 - 23 minutes. Maybe that is always the case but in a small race you really feel isolated in the back of the pack!

In my past two races, I have passed someone in the last 100 yards or so. In this race, I had the honor returned to me - BIG TIME! I was trailing a red ponytail for about 3/4 of the race. I started my kick and passed her. With about 25 yeards left, I saw this red blur from the corner of my eye. It was her and see had about a dozen friends screaming for her... I had no kick so I just watched as she passed. That pretty much sucked! What was truly strange is that she never came over afterwards and laughed or smiled about it. I guess I was due! Call it kharma :-) lesson learned...

Although the race used a chip timing system, I did not shop up on the coolrunning.com official results posting. I wonder if my Polar interfers with the chip?

Also - the t-shirt has got to be the ugliest t-shirt given for any race in NH (no offense to the designer). Another rag for the lawnmower!

Since this was a point-to-point, I ran from the finish line back to the start and got in 10K.

Last updated: 2005-11-07 12:00 AM
Running
00:26:20 | 03.12 miles | 08m 26s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/110
Performance:
Course: Fast point-to-point course! Small hill in the beginning but flat or downhill for the remainder of the race.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2005-11-07 1:28 PM

User image

New Hampshire
Subject: Daniel Webster Council's 2nd Annual Good Turn for
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Daniel Webster Council's 2nd Annual Good Turn for Rss Feed