General Discussion Triathlon Talk » a tri club in south NJ starting??? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-11-14 10:35 PM

User image

Veteran
San mateo
Subject: a tri club in south NJ starting???
Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know about a meeting taking place in Fleet Feet in Marlton (ROute 73). on November 19 at 6:15pm there will be a meeting of anyone interested in a tri club in South Jersey.

Here is the actual info from their newsletter..

"Interested in joining a local triathlon club? Stop by Fleet Feet Sports on Saturday November 19th at 6:15pm for a brief meeting. John McCarroll, President of T3, a triathlon club based out of Philadelphia, will be conducting an informational meeting about the club and their expansion to South Jersey.

T3 is open to triathletes of all ages and abilities. If you've ever thought about a triathlon, or if you want to train with a group, this club is for you.

For more information contact Jason at [email protected] or 856-810-0051

http://www.t3triathlon.net/home.html"

I'll be there for sure and hope you all can make it too!

2005-11-15 7:16 AM
in reply to: #284753

User image

Master
Cinnaminson, NJ
Subject: RE: a tri club in south NJ starting???
I also want to add to this thread. If you go to the website don't get turned off by the bios, they are the elite team that they have. This club welcomes all levels of people. I am not a member of the club, i am only telling you what the pres of the club said in a email that was sent out the other day.

I will be at this meeting.

hope to meet some BT'ers

john
2005-11-18 3:43 PM
in reply to: #284753

New user
Philadelphia, Pa
I am not going to be able to make the meeting, but I am interested. Would someone be able to post some info after the meeting? Thanks
2005-11-20 10:57 AM
in reply to: #288362

User image

Master
Cinnaminson, NJ

You didn't miss a ton, it was just the club T3, telling us what they are about.  They have 2 parts of the club, the Elite team and the development team.  It's all really one team but the Elite people are just faster and get some better discounts on stuff.  One cool thing is they are offering coaching services if you want them, for about $30 a month, this service is still in the works but it's something that may happen, and looks like it will.

They seem very low key and want to everyone to get involved, i didn't get the sense we needed them, i felt like they needed us.  Which is a good thing.  They will have weekley workouts, they will workouts with all abilities.  It's not like you need to be worried about being dropped on the ride/run.

I've been doing tris in this area for 6 years now, i've join 2 teams.  The 1st team was very hard core, and didn't seem interested in youm unless you were fast.  The 2nd team seemed very friendly and low key (what i am looking for) but didn't get organized (group workouts and such).  This team seems like they are organized, friendly, willing to help people who may be new to the sport, very open to having group workouts (which i love).  I liked them and i will be sure to join.  I hope everyone else at the meeting (12-15 people) felt the same way. 

They passed something to put our info on and they will email everyone to get a feel if there is a interest, then i guess at that point there will be some sort of membership form going around then i guess we are members.  There is a $25 membership fee, which gets you a t-shirt and a discount on a uniform and other stuff.  This fee may jump up to $35, but they weren't sure if that was going to happen.

When they send out the email i'll be sure to posted it so you can hop on, if you are interested.

john 

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » a tri club in south NJ starting??? Rss Feed