United States
25F / -4C
Overcast
Total Time = 1h 04m 45s
Overall Rank = 5591/9056
Age Group = F 25-29
Age Group Rank = 314/630
Pre-race routine:

Got up about 6:45. Ate bananna and Odwalla bar. My sister was pretty nervous. This was her first race. Left house about 7:30, wanted to get there early enough to get good parking spot. Sat in car for a bit, to keep warm. Was really cold out! Somewhere around 25-30 degrees. And the wind was making it worse! There were people in shorts, and running singlets! Could not believe it!
Event warmup:

Jogged a bit around the stadium
Run
  • 1h 04m 45s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 10m 26s  min/mile
Comments:

Course was good. However, was a bit nippy out! I did warm up about 1.5 miles in though. Pretty flat, a few smaller hills. I ran with my sister, since this was her first race, I decided to not worry about time, and just run with her, but I did want to run the whole thing. She did well the first 3 miles (she had only trained to about 3.5-4)and then was getting tired. M4 was a water stop, and a hill. She walked the hills, and I kept a slow jog. I had on a orange hat with black stripes (Go Bengals!) so she could keep me in her sights. She would walk and then speed back up to catch up with me. M5 was another hill, and she was pretty beat-I was jogging really slow so as to not lose her. M6 we sped up a bit, and finished strong! I had alot of fun running with my sister, and I think she enjoyed it as well.

I felt really great-easy pace, and I felt like I could have gone another mile or two. So, that tells me that I need to think about the Heart Mini Marathon!
What would you do differently?:

Nothing, good run.
Post race
Warm down:

we walked to get snacks and water-this was probably the hardest part of race, so many people to navigate through. It was like leaving a football game or something. Big, Big crowd! We got our stuff, and walked back to car, I did a couple stretches, but I was already cold by then. The temp had dropped and wind was picking up-it had started to snow.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

I was running with my sister, and wasn't really running for time!

Event comments:

I thought this was a well organized race, for as big as it was. I thought they could have had one more drink station. Perhaps at the 2 and 4 mile mark.

Last updated: 2005-11-07 12:00 AM
Running
01:04:45 | 06.21 miles | 10m 26s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/630
Overall: 0/9056
Performance: Good
M1:10.30 M2:10.00 M3:10.22 M4:10.46 M5:10.47 M6:10.11 M6.2:2.06
Course: Course was good. Pretty flat, a few smaller hills. Some wind, running through downtown Cincy
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 5
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? No
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2005-11-28 7:48 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ohio
Subject: Thanksgiving Day Race

2005-11-28 1:12 PM
in reply to: #292874

User image

Master
Athens, Ga.
Subject: RE: Thanksgiving Day Race
Good race. That's cool you stayed back with your sister. Next time y'all can win together!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Thanksgiving Day Race Rss Feed