General Discussion Triathlon Talk » heart rate training Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-04-25 6:53 PM

wolcott,ct
Subject: heart rate training
since buying my hrm ,last month, i have been using it on my runs and my bike rides.i have read some info on the use of this type of training and the benefits of staying in the aerobic zone my ques. has to do with my heart rate elevating above 80% on hills. what i have been doing is slowing down and waiting for my heart rate to slow down. sometimes i feel as if i am barely running at all on these hills but my hr stays above 80%. should i slow down to a walk or is this normal because you only count the average hr during training. i am asking after about 6 weeks of this type of training because i don't want to waist this valuable training time going to hard or to soft.

2004-04-26 8:00 AM
in reply to: #21270

User image

Extreme Veteran
Dorset
Subject: RE: heart rate training
how are you calculating the HR, I had simlilar problems until i used a different formulae to work out the zones. I was using the 220 - age one but the one i use now is 214-(0.8*age) and if you go to http://www.triathletes-uk.org/info/hrcalc.htmlyou enter your resting HR and your max and it calc's your zones, then you can enter those zones in your trainning log.

hope this helps

andy
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » heart rate training Rss Feed